36 | the hell we live in

❛❛ 𝘈 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘯 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘩.  ❜❜

"Nagato, Akane!" Fuso called out to her children who were playing outside

"Hehe," Little Nagato laughed as he saw his twin sister slip and fall on the ground due to rain.

"I'm ok!" She looked up, her pink hair looking darker than her actual one as it was wet. Swatting her messy pink hair blocking her vision she walked towards her mother.

"Listen, there are ninjas fighting around so don't go outside, ok?" Fuso looked at her children in worry who nodded at her.

"Now come inside and change," She pushed them inside.

After seeing her children go inside, she looked at her husband in worry.

"Don't go outside, enough if you are a medic ninja," She helped in sit on the chair as she went to get a glass of water.

Thuk!

The glass in her hands fell down as she sensed a chakra nearby.

"Are you alright?" Her husband, Ise, rushed to her despite his chakra exhaustion.

"I sensed two strong chakra presence nearby, they're approaching us at a quick speed, they will  arrive here in a few seconds!"

"What?" The pink-haired male looked at his wife in shock, then he nodded at her.

But what Nagato heard was the clashing of some weapons, peeking outside he saw his parents on the verge of dying.

"Leave with Akane," He saw his mother mouth the words at him.

Nagato still terrified by the scene in front of him moved towards his sister who came out of the bathroom after changing her clothes.

"Wha- mhpm!" A hand covered her mouth to stop her from making any sound.

"Shh!" Nagato whispered, "Bad guys are outside and they are fighting against Mom and Dad, run away from the back door and don't look back, ok?"

Still fearful of the situation, Akane nodded.

And she ran away.

But Nagato stayed.

He refused to let his parents stay here but he couldn't let the bad guys injure his sister. As an older brother, it was his duty to protect his little sister.

He opened the door only to see something which made his heart drop.

There laid his parents on the floor, blood all over them; no signs of being alive.

"Shit, they were only civilians." The male ninja with a leaf headband cursed.

"It's not like we can bring them back to life or anything," The other ninja shrugged casually.