23 | of lies and truths

↪ 𝘞𝘩𝘰 𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘭 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦? ↩

Presently all three students sat on the rooftop of their academy just as they were instructed

Presently all three students sat on the rooftop of their academy just as they were instructed. The unknown jounin was now leaning against the railings of the roof as he read the book in his right hand.

The three newly appointed genins waited patiently for their supposed sensei to say something. While the raven-haired male propped his elbows on his knees as he held a slightly annoyed look on his face, the blonde, on the other hand, kept on fidgeting in his place. Sakura, however, simply continued to smile.

"First of all, let me have you introduce yourselves."

The mysterious man who was their sensei finally uttered something out his mouth as he closed the book in his hands.

"What do you want us to say?" Naruto asked.

The grey-haired man sighed to himself before answering, "Things you like, things you hate, your dreams for the future, hobbies..." He trailed off.

"Why don't you introduce yourself so that we can get a clear idea about how the introduction will work?" Sakura suggested.

"Me?" The masked man asked pointing to himself.

"I'm Kakashi Hatake. Things I like and things I hate, I don't feel like telling you that. My dreams for the future? Never really thought about it. As for my hobbies, I have plenty of those..." He 'introduced' himself.

"That's useless all we know is your name!" The blonde pointed a finger at Kakashi, as he accused him.

'He's smart, I'll give him that. He's definitely someone who's worthy of being jounin,' Sakura contemplated, 'Kakashi Hatake - son of  Sakumo Hatake; the white fang of Konoha.'

He was Kakashi Hatake also known as the copycat ninja, height; 181 cm, age; 26, blood type; O, kekkei Genkai; Sharingan, bounty; 75 million ryo.  After reading and memorising various bingo books naturally Sakura knew him but she pretended she did not have any clue who he was. 

"Blondie, you first."

"Believe it!" The blonde replied fixing his headband, "I'm Naruto Uzumaki, I really like the ramen Iruka-sensei got him in the Ichiraku ramen shop but I hate the three minutes you have to wait. My hobbies include eating  different kinds of ramen and comparing them as for my dream, it is to become the greatest Hokage so everyone would stop disrespecting me and start acknowledging me!"

Sakura who was quietly observing her teacher saw his only visible eye widen for a split second, even if it was less than a second still she saw it. It meant that something Naruto said shocked him, something... like his dream!

Now, why would his dream surprise him so much that he, a jounin instructor, who had been good at keeping his emotions in check, would reveal them, even for a split second?

The pinkette narrowed her eyes before closing them and slowly she opened them and let out a puff of air.

"Alright next," Kakashi said looking at them.

"My name is Sasuke Uchiha, I like tomatoes and the Uchiha clan. I dislike idiots and fangirls as for my hobbies, I like training. My dream isn't a dream but a goal which I'll complete, I'll become the future head of the Uchiha Clan and surpass my brother Itachi." Sasuke introduced himself.

Sakura smiled when she realised everyone's attention, "My name is Sakura Haruno, the only female member of Squad 7." She continued smiling at them.

"My likes include dango, taking care of my loved ones," ― lies ― "My dislikes include well, I don't have any particular dislikes," ― lies ― "My hobbies are playing trivia games," ― lies ― "as for my dream, I've yet to think about it." ― lies ― "It's nice to formally meet you all" 

Sakura finished her introduction with a small grin on her face.

All of this was a lie, a huge lie.

None of the things she had said was true, she had no particular interest in eating dango nor did she care about anyone other than herself. She disliked many things and her hobbies had never included something useless like playing trivial games and she did have a dream, no it wasn't a dream, it was something obvious she was going to get in the future.

She had no intention of showing her teammates her real self, not only she did not trust them but also right now many anbu were hidden and watching them. One slip and everything she had worked so hard for would get destroyed.

She was going to continue pretending, pretending till the day she believed that she no longer needed to pretend to be someone else.

She was going to fulfil her role as Sakura Haruno, the identity which she had created.

― I have preliminary exams in two days so I decided to update the book right now to keep you well-fed

― I have preliminary exams in two days so I decided to update the book right now to keep you well-fed. Please wait for me!

― Uchiha Clan hasn't been massacred and you'll have to wait for the reason why Itachi didn't go down the lonely path.