21 | my way or high way

↪ 𝘗𝘶𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘬𝘯𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬, 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘳𝘶𝘯𝘴 𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬
𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘰 𝘧𝘢𝘴𝘵↩

↪ 𝘗𝘶𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘬𝘯𝘪𝘧𝘦  𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬, 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘳𝘶𝘯𝘴 𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘰 𝘧𝘢𝘴𝘵↩

"Good morning Sakura,"

 The pinkette turned to see her blonde friend standing there in her ninja outfit as she waited for her.

"Good morning to you as well Ino," Sakura smiled at the blue-eyed female who was wearing a purple outfit. Both of them chatted while walking towards the academy, soon they reached their destination.

Moving slightly faster than before in order to not be late, they together reached their classroom. Opening the door of their class, they both walked inside.

"Sasuke-kun~!" Ino swooned in delight when she caught sight of the raven-haired male with whom she was so fond. 

When Sakura saw Ino dashing towards the heartthrob of the class she secretly rolled her eyes before moving to sit beside Hinata.

'If things keep on like that, she'll never be a strong ninja,' Sakura thought before looking at the shy female sitting beside her.

"Hello Hinata-san," She politely smiled at the indigo-haired female who was shocked to see her beside her, a blush forming on her face.

"He-Hello, S-Sakura-chan," Hinata replied looking down.

A while later Iruka came into the class, smiling at each of the students.

"As for today, you all are ninjas," Iruka smiled at them, "To get here you all have faced difficult trials and hardships. But that's nothing because what comes next is far more difficult. Now you're only genin; level one ninjas."

Iruka paused for a while before he continued.

"All of the genins will be grouped into a three-man squad, each squad will be led by a jounin; an elite ninja."

Almost everyone had a shocked look on their face when they realised what was happening.

Sakura pretended to be astounded as well because she knew that someone was watching over the class secretly because she could sense someone's gaze at them multiple times.

"Not someone but multiple people," Sakura paused, "Probably the Hokage and the jounin's which were mentioned right now."

"D-Did you sa-say something Sa-Sakura-chan?" Hinata who sat beside her asked.

Sakura shook her head in response paying attention to her sensei.

"We want each squad to have a balance in strengths and ability, so that's how we set them up," Iruka unfolded the paper in his hand.

"I will now announce the squads," Iruka read the paper in his hands, "Squad one; Katsuki Bakugou, Tobio Kageyama, Yuno Gasai. Squad two; Hisoka Morow, Mikasa-" Iruka continued calling out the squad names.

"Squad seven; Naruto Uzumaki," 

Naruto who lazily lying on the desk paid attention when his name got called.

"Sakura Haruno," The pinkette smiled politely at the blonde who looked at her with a shocked expression when she smiled at him.

"And Sasuke Uchiha." 

Naruto quickly wilted like a flower in winter hearing the name of his rival while Sasuke showed no expression on his face.

"Squad eight; Hinata Hyuga," Sakura looked at the female sitting beside her who shyly replied with a 'yes, sir'.

"Kiba Inuzuka and Shino Aburame."

"He's not so special," Shikamaru said to Ino about the heartthrob of the class which the pink-haired protagonist quickly agreed. There was nothing special about him except for his clan.

"I'd hate to be on your squad," Ino smirked looking down when she and Shikamaru bickered about Sasuke. Sakura looked away from them.

"Now squad ten; Ino Yamanaka, Shikamaru Nara and Chouji Akimichi. Those are all the squads." Iruka finally completed the whole process.

"Iruka-sensei!" Naruto quickly stood up calling his Iruka out while pointing at the raven-haired male who was sitting beside Ino who was beside him. 

"Why does a great ninja like me have to be in a team with a slug-like Sasuke!?" Naruto asked which caused Ino and other Sasuke fangirls in the class to get mad at him and Iruka to have a dumbfounded expression.

"Sasuke had the best scores among the graduates so to create a balance put the best student with the worst student," Iruka replied, hands on his hips.

Naruto growled in frustration when the anti-social Sasuke finally decided to speak up and prove to everyone that he in fact was not mute.

"Just don't get in my way," Sasuke cockily said causing Naruto to get even angrier.

"Loser," Sasuke finished his statement with a smirk on his face causing his fangirls to swoon at how cool he was.

Sakura looked at them and sighed before she looked in front of the class with a cold look in her eyes as everyone began to get up for their lunch break.

Just like everyone else she also stood up from her seat beside Hinata and walked out of the class without uttering a word which caused Ino to think that she wasn't happy with her teammates.

Sakura did not care about who her teammates were because she in fact did not care for such trivial things. 

Sakura looked back at the academy before she faced front of her again.

"Make sure you don't get into my way, Naruto Uzumaki, Sasuke Uchiha."

― And yes I used character's names from other animes as no names were mentioned in the anime

Katsuki Bakugou - My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia
Tobio Kageyama - Haikyuu
Yuno Gasai - Future Diary
Hisoka Morow - Hunter X Hunter
Mikasa (Ackerman) - Attack on Titan