chapter 38

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

"Ron, hurry up! Cedric only cleared the Perfect's bathroom for two hours!"

Ron grumbled as he trailed behind Harry, Y/N, and Hermione, the four quickly walking down the West Wing corridor with the golden egg in Y/N's hand.

"I'm coming," Ron said, "I'm just a bit cold, I can't feel my toes."

"Stop whining, Ronald. We're all cold, it's February."

The redhead huffed as the group rounded the corner, the sight of the Hufflepuff Perfect's room being a few hundred yards from them. Y/N quickly made her way down the hall, now standing in front of the large, wooden door with the Hufflepuff emblem of a badger on it.

"You sure about this," Harry asked, "We could get caught."

Y/N looked at the door for a moment before turning back to Harry, "I've got to figure out what the second task is. Let's just hope it's nothing too bad."

Harry gave his cousin a blank look as Hermione stood next to Y/N, placing her hand on her bicep.

"Go on."

Y/N nodded before reaching her hand out to pull on the brass handle, the door slowly creaking open. Her head popped into the room first, the sight of a rather large pit in the ground at the back of the room.

So that was the tub, it was rather quite large Y/N thought. She slowly made her way into the room, the Golden Trio following in her actions. She looked around, the Perfect's room being covered in decor with windows lining the walls. A mermaid stained-glass window stood out to her though, placed right in front of her behind the tub.

Y/N started to walk over to the tub, it already being filled with bubbles and water. She looked down at it curiously. Why did it look like someone was getting ready to have a bath?

She slowly rose the egg in front of her, the three watching her curiously.

"Cedric said to have it near water, so..."

She rose her left hand to the top of the egg, slowly turning the knob as the egg opened, a screeching noise coming out. Y/N cringed at the sound as Ron and Harry clamped their hands over their ears, Hermione quickly reaching her hand out to close the egg once more.

"Honestly Y/N, are you trying to make us go deaf," Hermione said, her voice coming out bitter. Y/N looked at the girl next to her with a small glare.