chapter 44

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

Two days after that Potions class and Hermione and Y/N had yet to have a full conversation. Neither really talked to each other, especially because of Y/N's snark remark to Hermione about really showing her emotions and feelings for her. Hermione couldn't blame her, she understood where she came from.

Hermione knew she would've responded the same, if not worse, at seeing Y/N alone with someone else that might fancy her. The bushy-haired girl knew she had to give the Ravenclaw space, especially with this situation. The tension between the two was still thick, but not too much to bear. Luckily for them, it was Hogsmeade trip day, meaning that they would be seeing Sirius.

Y/N had thought about her little outburst on Hermione, immediately regretting it the second she stepped out of the Potions class. She thought she might've been a little too harsh, but she knew why she had done so in the moment.

Harry had told Y/N that he and Ron would pick her up from the Ravenclaw common room entrance with Hermione, the girl saying 'okay'. Now, she was in her room getting ready. Since it was March, it was a still a bit cold, the temperatures not nearly as bad as the past months, but close enough.

She fixed the coat she had on top of her sweatshirt in the mirror as her phone dinged, the girl picking it up as she scanned the text messages.

Hey, we're outside. - Ron Weasley

Y/N sent a quick text saying she'd be out soon as she walked over to the door of her dorm, quickly slipping on a pair of white converses. She slammed her room doom with a thud as she walked down the stairs into the Ravenclaw common room, the color of blue surrounding her as she neared the exit.

She walked towards the door, her hand pushing on the wooden material as it slowly swung open. She was immediately met by a smiling Ron and Harry, Hermione only giving her a blank stare. Y/N tried to ignore it, knowing that it would be a bit awkward.

"Hey boys," she said with a smile, the two beaming brightly at her. She reluctantly and cautiously moved her line of sight to Hermione, a slow, but small smile spreading to the bushy-haired girl's face as she saw Y/N look to her.

"Hey."

"Hi," Hermione said, both girls giving a small smile. "Alright, let's get going."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's colder than the Chambers of Secrets, Merlin's sake," Ron said as he adjusted his jacket. Y/N rolled her eyes, "Well, it's March. What did you honestly expect?"

The redhead huffed as Harry laughed, Hermione watching with a small smile from beside Y/N as they walked through Hogsmeade.

"Where did he say to meet him?"

"Behind the alleyway of the Leaky Cauldron," Y/N said, the group of four turning a corner down another cobblestone road. The breeze was quite harsh today, especially for Spring nearing around the corner. Y/N hugged her jacket closer to her as she looked to Hermione beside her, the Gryffindor shivering as she tried to hug herself in hopes of getting some body heat.