chapter 45

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

"Corey, for the love of Merlin, finish eating before you speak. Your food is flying everywhere!"

The boy froze mid-eating as he looked to Brianne, the rest of their friends all shooting him a pointed look.

"She's right," Brett said, Corey huffing as he went back to eating. "Fine, I was just hungry."

"I'm hungry, too, but does it look like I'm eating as sloppily as Ron, as a horse," Y/N said with a small snicker, Ron shooting her a slightly offended look from in between Sofia and Karan.

"Bloody hell, let a boy eat!"

"Then close your mouth while you do so," Jenna snapped, the redhead boy and Corey sulking in their seats as everyone laughed at the two.

Y/N sat in between Hermione and Brett, the rest of their friends surrounding them as they ate dinner. It had been a pretty hectic week for them, so they haven't all been able to hang out as much, the group of friends trying to make up for the lost time.

"So, (Y/N/N)," Sofia said from beside Corey and Brianne, a sly smirk on her face as she looked to the girl. "I heard Parkinson was flirting with you in your Potions class, what's up with that?"

Y/N felt Hermione tense up from next to her, throwing a discrete glance to the bushy-haired girl as she saw a small scowl form on her lips. She looked back to Sofia, everyone waiting for her to speak up.

"Um, absolutely nothing is going on with her."

"Good," Jenna said as she ate a bite of her food, "Because I'd kill you if you ever went for Parkinson. Everybody knows she's a waste of time."

Y/N nodded as she went back to eating, the group of friends conversing once more. Ron looked to Hermione, seeing the slightly disgusted, slightly angry expression on her face, her scowl still somewhat noticeable.

"Mione, you alright?"

Hermione looked up to the redhead, her fork stabbing into the piece of chicken on her plate as her knuckles grew white, "Fine, just hearing the sad excuse of a Slytherin makes me angry."

"You and me both," Brett said, "She wouldn't leave Y/N alone all of second year. You remember how she purposely placed mistletoe above your heads in Potions class for a week straight?"

Y/N rolled her eyes, "I'd rather forget about that, thanks."

"Or when she sent you love letters all of first year claiming you were meant to be," Karan added, Y/N's cheeks blazing a light pink. She averted her eyes elsewhere as she shyly nodded.