chapter 34

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

Y/N frantically ran around her room, her hair down in long waves and her light makeup done. Her mind was racing as she got ready in her room, the girls getting ready in Cho's since they didn't want to see Y/N before the Yule Ball.

She grabbed at her phone, a frustrated groan leaving her lips as she read the message on her lock screen.

I'm done getting ready, McGonagall wants us to wait at the top of the third flight of stairs by the Great Staircase until they announce the champions. I'll see you there. :) -Cedric Diggory

A sigh left her lips as she made her way over to her dresser, her hands rummaging through for her dress. After a few seconds she finally found it, quickly pulling it out and walking to the bathroom to slip it on.

She quickly made her way into the bathroom, shutting the door. She turned to look in the mirror for a second, a smile rising to her lips.

She looked good.

She shook her head to get her out of a daze, quickly throwing the dress on. She hastily zipped up the back of the dress before making her way back out into the room, standing in the full body mirror that was next to her bed. She took in her appearance as she adjusted the dress.

Y/N wore a long, garnet dress with a slit, showing off some leg. Her hair flowed over her shoulders in waves, her makeup done lightly seeing as though she didn't need a lot.

Her hands adjusted the straps of the dress on her shoulders, her nails painted a dark red to match the dress. After a few minutes of trying to make herself more presentable, she stopped. Her eyes raked up and down her body, butterflies fluttering in her stomach. She was nervous about how other people would see her tonight, she usually didn't dress up much.

She took in a shaky breath before turning around to look at her phone, her breath hitching at the sight of the time. It was about fourty-five minutes until the Ball would start, but McGonagall wanted them to arrive at the staircase in a half hour, and Y/N needed something or someone to ease her nerves.

She picked up her phone, her fingers frantically tapping away at the screen.

is it alright if i meet you now? i'm nervous and need someone to calm me down. -Y/N (Y/L/N)

Her eyes stayed glued to the screen for a few seconds as she saw the three dots pop up at the bottom of her screen.

Yeah, you can swing by the Hufflepuff common room, I'll be waiting outside. - Cedric Diggory