chapter 20

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

The wind of the autumn morning blew against Y/N as she walked around the Hogwarts campus alone. She had just gotten back from helping a group of Beauxbaton girls find their way to the library.

Another gust of wind blew, the girl shoving her hands further into the pockets of her hoodie. She took out her phone as she looked over the screen.

October 31, 2020-11:43am.

Her eyes scanned over her alerts as she looked over her messages. A few of them were from different apps, mostly school related so she could keep track of all her assignments, but one or two stuck out to her. She pressed down on the alert from her friends' group chat as she read the texts.

She huffed and rolled her eyes as she looked at the messages, Corey and Brett wanting to hangout the one day she would be busy helping Beauxbaton girls find their way around school. She would love nothing more than to be around her friends, especially since they haven't hung out together in a while, but she had promised Dumbledore she'd take her role as Beauxbaton guide seriously.

Her fingers tapped away at the screen as she texted that she couldn't hang out until after 2pm, knowing that's when the Beauxbaton girls would all be going into Hogsmeade on a small trip. She pressed send on the phone as the delivered sound came from it, telling her the text had went through. She exited the group chat as she scrolled through her messages, her eyes slightly lighting up at the name underneath the group chat. She quickly pressed on it and read the message.

Hey, I know you're probably busy with helping the Beauxbaton students all day, but I was wondering if maybe you wanted to come by my room and hang out...? Parvati and Lavender are heading into Hogsmeade today, and I don't feel like being all by myself, the boys are out with their friends. -Hermione Granger

Y/N stared at the screen for a moment, her fingers hovering over the keyboard. Maybe she could text her friends that she got caught up with the Beauxbaton girls and then come later so she could spend time with Hermione. She knew she couldn't ditch the students, she had promised Dumbledore she wouldn't.

Y/N continued to look at the screen as her brain started to think, the gears moving. Her eyebrows furrowed together as she thought, her bottom lip trapped in between her teeth. She sighed as she looked at the message before her fingers started to type away.

yeah, i can swing by as soon as i'm done helping the girls. i'll just text you when. -Y/N
(Y/L/N)

She hit send as she took a breath, her nerves getting to her for some reason. Hermione and her had hung out alone before, so why was it making her seem different now? Y/N walked through the corridors and into the courtyard where some people were, all of them talking and hanging out.