chapter 22

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

Y/N made her way down the staircase into the room of Champions, her mind racing. How could this even be possible? She hadn't even entered her name?

As she walked down into the room, the three other champions turned to face her, all of their faces falling into one of confusion. Viktor and Fleur shared a look as Cedric quickly made his way over to the girl.

"Y/N, what're you doing?"

Viktor and Fleur quickly trailed behind the boy as they made their way over to the dumbfounded girl, Y/N slowly holding up the piece of parchment with her name on it.

"I was...chosen...? It happened after you left Cedric, I don't even know how."

Cedric pulled the girl in for a quick hug and Fleur went to place her hand gently on her shoulder in a comforting manner. Viktor gave Y/N a sympathetic look as he approached the group.

"You said you don't know how this happened," he asked softly, his eyes looking down at Y/N as she nodded from Cedric's hold.

"Yeah, I couldn't have entered even if I wanted to. The age limit would've called me out."

The four champions stood around each other, all of them looking at each other curiously as they turned to see Dumbledore and other teachers quickly making their way over to Y/N, her eyes widening as the Headmaster charged at her.

Dumbledore pounced at the girl as he grabbed her shoulder tightly, her back colliding with the wall behind her as she stood scared in front of the man.

"Y/N," he said, pushing her further back into the wall, "How did you put your name in the Goblet of Fire?"

"I don't know sir!"

"Did you ask one of the older students to do it for you?"

"No sir!"

Cedric, Fleur, and Viktor all watched concerned as Cedric started to walk towards them to pry the man off of his friend, Viktor quickly placing his hand on his shoulder to stop him. Cedric turned back to the Bulgarian boy as Viktor sent him a pleading look not to, the brunette boy only huffing as he stopped his advancement, watching Y/N cower in shock and fear.

"You're absolutely sure," Dumbledore asked, Y/N immediately nodding as she looked at the man in front of her in fear.

"Yes sir, I'm absolutely sure!"