chapter 26

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

      Y/N sat in the back of the library, her head pounding with a headache as she tried to research different charms and spells to use tomorrow during the first task. Her nerves were getting to her, the girl only growing more nervous with each passing hour.

She pinched the bridge of her nose as she felt the pounding sensation in the back of her head, dropping her head down to rest on the book in front of her on the table. She groaned as the painful feeling surged throughout her head, more specifically directly in her temple.

She sighed as she kept her head resting on the book, her brain trying to go through and memorize all spells and charms she had already went through.

Professor Moody had stopped her in the hallway earlier to lend her some advice on the task tomorrow despite being told to figure it out herself. The man only suggested that she play her strengths and only use simple spells to get what she needed. Moody said as long as she didn't make everything overly complicated she would do fine, but that only stressed Y/N out even more. What spells were overly complicated?

Y/N kept her eyes closed as she tried to go through every spell that Moody might've been talking about. There was Stupefy, Immobulus, and-

"Hey."

The voice and giggle accompanied with it caused Y/N to quickly pick her head up to the girl standing in front of her, a lazy, tired smile rising to her lips.

"Hey Mione."

Hermione smiled as she walked closer to the girl, Y/N throwing her a confused look.

"What're you doing here, aren't you supposed to be with boys at the Gryffindor party?"

Hermione nodded as she slowly sat in the seat next to Y/N, "Yeah, but Harry told me you were having a hard time looking at charms to use for tomorrow. I wanted to help."

Y/N sent Hermione an appreciative smile, "Mione, I really appreciate it, I do. However, Dumbledore said not to get any help from anyone else."

Hermione looked at Y/N pleadingly from the seat next to her, "Y/N, please let me do this. I want to make sure you're fully prepared so you don't get hurt. Please?"

Y/N's eyes flickered between Hermione and the books in front of her as she thought. It was taking awfully and dreadfully long to find the right charms to use, and it would be helpful to have someone else looking over them with her...

Y/N sighed as she looked back to Hermione with a small smile, "Fine, but you tell no one. Dumbledore will kick my ass if he hears."