chapter 47

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

It's been a few days since Y/N had officially asked Hermione out, and things between the two couldn't have been going better. Hermione was practically always by Y/N's side, but she never complained. Her friends couldn't be happier for the two of them, not to mention half of them winning the bet they had placed on the two since last year.

It was now May 24th, a month until the final task to be exact, and Y/N had to go meet the champions and the judges later today at the fields for information on the last task. Easter had come a few days ago, Mrs. Weasley sending the group of children chocolates as gifts.

Y/N's family even sent letters to all of the children with money in it for looking after Y/N all year, grateful that she had such a supportive group around her. Her parents didn't know about her and Hermione yet, the two girls only being out to their friends, afraid that if anyone else found out they would only get into more trouble or be even more stressed.

Y/N was warming up to the idea of others knowing, she saw no problem in making sure everyone knew Hermione was hers. Hermione, however, cared about what others thought with things like this. She wanted to show Y/N off badly, but she didn't want the harassment that would come with it.

Percy had sent a letter over Easter, though it didn't help with any information on Crouch. The letter only started that the man was merely sick, and couldn't even get out of bed. Ron knew his brother was lying with the way he wrote his letter, but they wouldn't be able to get a direct answer back in time for the final task.

Now, Y/N sat in Hermione's dorm with the Gryffindor, the two snuggled up on Hermione's bed as her roommates were no where to be found. Hermione laid on top of Y/N with her face snuggled into the crook of her neck, Y/N's arms wrapped around her waist keeping her in place as the soft sounds of the TV across the room played as the two girls sat in silence.

"Mione."

Hermione picked her head up from Y/N's neck, gazing at her girlfriend quizzically, "Yes?"

Y/N's eyes hesitantly connected with Hermione's, her mind racing. She wanted to bring up the subject of telling others about them up, but she didn't exactly know how Hermione would react.

"I was wondering, when do you think you'll be ready to tell others about...us?"

Hermione's eyes softened at the question, knowing Y/N wanted so badly to let others see the two of them finally together. She looked into Y/N's eyes for a moment, her heart constricting at the hopeful shimmer in her eyes. She sighed before placing her head back down into Y/N's crook.

"I don't know, perhaps when the time comes. I really want to, I do, but I'm just afraid."

"Afraid?"

Hermione shyly nodded from Y/N's neck, "Yes, I don't want how others perceive us to ruin our relationship. I'm just afraid that you'll want to leave me if people start to judge us."