You better run - Prinxiety pt.2

Ok, so for the record, I'm not dead. This story is likely to be a three part thing, and I'll finish it up over the weekend. This will be fun.

ONTO THE CHAPTER

Warnings: More Virgil annoyance

Roman's POV

The word pickily is indeed a word, but I wasn't going to tell my emo nightmare that I knew that. It's much more fun to listen to him trying to be scary and attempting to get under my skin with bad grammar and weird words.

"ⁱᵗ ⁱˢ ᵃ ʷᵒʳᵈ..." Virgil mumbled through the walkie-talkie in his baby voice that was almost inaudible, "𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮 𝘰𝘧 𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘱𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘴..." I nodded and started mapping out the new room, the walls were a tarnished silvery gold color, the room was significantly smaller than the mirror room and the mannequin room.

There was a singular camera hanging from the ceiling in the center of the room, blinking at me menacingly. Apart from my beautifully manicured sword that disappeared a moment ago, the room was fairly empty, but there was a large perfect circle that looked as if it was cut out with a laser on the ground. Nothing could possibly go wrong.

I aimed the flashlight at the circle on the ground, walked over, and stomped on it. Hard. 

The 'circle' was not a circle at all, more like a platform. A platform that was rising, very quickly. A glass tube was rising in the place of the circle, and in that tube was none other then the sassiest side of them all...Excluding me of course.

Janus in all of his glory is a sight to behold, black top hat and black clothes remained the same, but his caplet was now a fully fledged cape. The underside of this new cape was the same silvery gold color as the walls, the outside of the cape was a standard black. He was wearing different gloves now as well, he wore black gloves instead of the yellow dishwashing gloves.

In his right hand he held my sword and in his left he held his long black and yellow crook. He tapped the glass with his crook and the glass seemed to shimmer out of existence. The black clad side strode forward until he was just a couple feet in front of me, he turned his crook slightly to reveal another slip of paper attached to it. Then Virgil started to talk through the walkie-talkie again.

"𝘑𝘢𝘯𝘶𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘳, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘴𝘰 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥𝘴 𝘢 𝘤𝘭𝘶𝘦, 𝘐 𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘳" 

I leaned into the walkie-talkie once again, "What are you afraid of exactly?" "𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘢 𝘧𝘪𝘨𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘦𝘤𝘩.." "okay then," I turned my attention back to Janus, who was leaning on his crook looking a bit bored.

"Listen Princey, you're here to get this-" He gestured to the slip of paper on his crook, "So Virgil wants us to have something of a duel for it." He flipped my sword in his hand so the hilt was now facing me and he was just holding the tip of the blade. He wiggled the sword at me for a moment. "Take the sword Roman, it's no fun if you can't even defend yourself."

I was about to shoot back that I was perfectly capable of defending myself without a weapon, but Janus then threw the sword forward which I caught in my left hand. Janus snapped his fingers, then much like the former glass tube, my flashlight faded out of existence. The only thing lighting up the room was the constant blinking of the red camera light, illuminating Janus in a way that made his silhouette seem fuzzy and blurred in the metallic room.

A blink of red light later and he was gone, completely out of my line of sight. I held my sword out in front of me with both hands out of instinct, I turned around to once again find a lack of Janus. I booked it out of the gold room to the mirror room and went back into the mannequin room. Full of both fell and upright mannequins, this room could possibly be what saves me.

I ducked behind a group of standing mannequins which formed something of a shield for me.

There was a loud dull thud that came from the entrance on the room, and suddenly the red blinking from the cameras were not the only light source. A faint yellow light began to emit from the curve of Janus' crook, it didn't light up much, just enough for Janus to see what was in front of him. But it was enough for me to keep an eye on.

If Janus' crook is always with Janus, then I'll always know where Janus is. Which means I can keep a good distance from him until I can come up with a plan. I slowly unhooked the walkie-talkie from my sash and set it on the ground, because if Virgil began to talk through it again, it would totally give away my position.

I tried my best to keep the glare of my sword hidden as Janus hooked his crook around the neck of a nearby mannequin and forcing the mannequin to the ground, he did this repeatedly to any mannequin that stood between him and his trek around the dark room. He was slowly getting closer to me so I tried to make my way behind him in hopes for a sneak attack. 

But then the room went dark once again, there was no yellow glow and no Janus. Just the red blinking remained and the faint glow the light made on my sword.

Then something hooked around my neck and pulled me backward with enough force that I almost fell to the ground, but the crook kept me upright. When the crook left my neck there was a flash and the whole room lit up with a white light and then we weren't in the mannequin room, we weren't in any of the previous rooms...

The sudden light after being in the dark for so long took me a minute to adjust to, but when I could see again, I noticed we were in a new room that was a little larger than a middle school classroom. But the ceiling stretched up so high that I could barely see the top. However this might have been the fault of the white paint that covered each of the four walls as well as the ceiling.

Janus was standing before me once again, standing out like a sore thumb in his black clothes against the white walls.

He spun his crook in his hand, walking towards me. I brandished my sword, ready for a fight, but Virgil's voice boomed from inside of the walls.

"𝘙𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯, 𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘶𝘤𝘬. 𝘑𝘢𝘯𝘶𝘴, 𝘬𝘪𝘤𝘬 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘶𝘵𝘵, 𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢 𝘫𝘦𝘳𝘬..."

Janus nodded and directed his voice to the walls around us, "You got it Virgil.... bring it on Princey!!!"

Janus vs. Roman.... The battle of the theater kids...

I'm going to finish writing this tomorrow and I'll edit soon, Part 3 will likely be out on Monday or Tuesday!

BYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

                                                                  -Livi