10. Past and present.

*Flash back*

Eunji, unlike Yeona, was someone who liked to talk to people and hence she would make friends no matter where she went. Eunji had been to America for a scholarship program offered by Simon Carter, the director of the college and Eunji's father's friend from when he was in Migug for studies. Eunji couldn't decline the offer for it meant a lot for her and her career. She was happy to join Hunter College of NewYork, however she was sad to leave South Korean where her eomma and be-peu (best friend) were. Her eomma and Yeona were sad but they never showed it to her cause they knew she wouldn't think twice before turning down the offer that could mean a lot for her. Moving in with her dad wasn't a big deal for Eunji. Her parents had split only half a year ago and that was a mutual divorce, resulting in non-chaotic life. Her dad had shifted to America taking his brother along while Eunji chose to live with her eomma on Korean until she was offered the scholarship.
It took her just a day to make friends in her College. She knew English well and that came handy for her. Sarah and Christine were the loveliest among all. And then Eunji met Hansol David Kang, a half Korean half American young man, two months younger than Eunji. He was the nephew of Simon Carter, who was his uncle and was in the same college as Eunji. It didn't take time before Eunji and David fell in love and started dating.

"Sarangheo Eunji..." David had confessed.

"Nado Sarangheo David."

They were inseparable in college.

"You both are the biggest love birds!" Sarah would say.

David's parents were settled in Seoul but he stayed back in America for his studies. He was someone who would never compromise with his career. A man with wheatish skin, brown eyes, prominent jaw line. He wore black rectangular frames and preferred fashion over comfort. David loved Eunji a lot.

When Eunji had decided on moving back to South Korea, David was disheartened and tried pursuing Eunji to stay in America but nothing worked.

"You can stay here Eunji! You can open a shop here. I'll make every arrangements you need. Just stay..." David said.

"I don't want to stay here David. I love you but I love my eomma more and she needs me. Appa has Ye-jun but eomma has no one with her. And this place doesn't feel home to me David. It never has and never will. I can't stay here."

Eunji too had asked David to move to Seoul with her but he insisted on staying in for his career.

"You can come with me to Seoul. Your parents are there too! It will be..."

"I can't Eunji. I...have a career here. I can't give up on it. I can't...go with you..."

"I understand. You should stay here..."

However the tables turned and David was in Seoul as a Curator of Seoul Museum of Art. Eunji and David had decided on not being in long distance.

"Lets...break up David..."

"But...I love you Eunji..."

"I love you too David but I want to do a long distance relationship. It...hardly works and I can't do that. We can start afresh once we...can be in a same place...if ever..."

David had just nodded agreeing.

He had kissed Eunji one final time before he had walked out of Eunji's life.

'This can be our chance.' Davis had thought as soon as he had heard about his job as a curator in Seoul.

He wanted to give Eunji a surprise.