33. Warmth.

Ye-jun kept on following Yeona in the dark because no matter how many times would he be rejected by her, he would continue to be her friend. It began to rain, maybe signifying the sadness or the probable end of their long friendship.

He hid behind the tree as he saw Yeona sitting down and crying her heart out. He felt bad, really bad for her.

'She shouldn't be blaming herself...I was the one to draw her into this...mess.' He thought. His heart ached as he fought his urge to go ahead and comfort Yeona but he had already done enough to hamper their friendship.

Suddenly he saw a man coming in her direction. He saw that his face was masked and he carried an umbrella. He stooped over a crying Yeona and held out the umbrella for her.

"Shit...what if the man is not right?" Ye-jun muttered under his breath as he saw the man sitting close to Yeona.

He was about to go and protect her from the weird man when he unmasked his face revealing his identity. Ye-jun stood there, his mouth agape, as he tried to process whatever was going on in front of him. He rubbed his eyes to ensure if whatever he was seeing in front of him was real or not.

It was real. It was Kim Taehyung.

His thought process got interrupted as he saw Yeona accompanying Kim Taehyung as they disappear from his sight.

A tear escaped his lonely eyes.

"Yeona...your Kim Taehyung...found you." He smiled trying to ease the burning situation in his heart.

His phone rang. It had "Noona" flashing on the screen. He didn't pick it up.

It was followed by a message.

Noona: I bet you two are enjoying. Just don't go overboard. ;)

He didn't reply.

That night he decided not to return home. He went to a late night bar. "Seoul Night" the board read. He sat on one of the bar stools.

"

"

What do you need young man?" The bartender in his 40's asked him.

"Aah... what do you provide for a heartbreak?" Ye-jun asked.

"Nothing's better than Soju, trust me." The man replied.

"Then get Soju for me, will you?"  He asked politely.

Thoughts gathered up in his mind as memories from that night flashed right before his eyes.

He gulped on glass down.
"She rejected me." He scoffed.
Another down.
"I lost even the slightest bit of friendship with her..."
He gulped down a few more shots.
"How am I gonna face her?"