5. Lost, Drunk and Found?

Yeona couldn't sleep properly that night. She kept on tossing and turning in her bed, thinking whose hands her diary had ended up.

'What will the person think of me? I swear that person is getting a good laugh reading my diary!'

'What if it ended up with a pervert?'

Yeona gasped at the thought.

She somehow counseled herself and managed to get some sleep as she curled inside her blanket.

She woke up pretty late the next morning, but it was a Saturday and it meant she didn't need to turn up to work early.

She got out of bed and hopped in the shower, cleaned herself, wore a fresh pair of light blue shirt and black jeans, put on the least amount of makeup and rushed downstairs to grab breakfast.

"Joh-eun achim (goodmorning) eomma appa." Yeona greeted her parents.

"Did you sleep well?" Mr. Song asked.

"Nae appa." Yeona lied.

Yeona ate her breakfast in silence and bidding her parents bye she went on her way to work.

Yeona worked under Prosecutor Noh Ji Uk in HwaHyun Law Firm as her parents had asked of her.

She had always wanted to be a writer but her parents thought being a writer wouldn't bring assured monthly income but if she was a prosecutor, she could get a monthly income and then continue her hobbies alongside.

Being told so, Yeona completed her studies from Yonsei Law School before she found her job. Before leaving for work, Yeona had decided to visit Incheon International Airport around the same time she had been there last, hoping to find her diary.

"Yaa Eunji can you accompany me to the airport?" She had called up Eunji.

"Mianhae Yeona but I need to visit my aunt today to talk about my new shop she is willing to give me."

"Gwencchana."

Evening fell and no sooner Yeona had finished her work for the day, she rushed out of her workplace to get a bus to the airport.

'There is still time. I can make it if I go by bus.' She thought as she punched her card onto the bus.

But fate had other plans and only two kilometers to the airport there was a busy traffic and the bus wouldn't move an inch further.

Time flew by leaving Yeona anxious and sweating. She looked at her watch; she was already late by half an hour.

Somehow the traffic dispersed and the bus resumed its pace. By the time Yeona reached the airport and to the place where she had bumped with the stranger, there was no sign of anyone that might have her diary. All she saw was two boys walking off in the opposite direction.

'The Lost and Found section!' It struck her.

She rushed to the section and asked the staff if they had anything that could be her diary but all in vain. Yeona came out of the airport frustrated.

"I am sure that byuntae has my diary!" she said out quite loud.

Yeona stomped her foot before walking out to head back to her home.

A week passed by and Yeona still couldn't stop thinking of her precious diary. A lot had happened in this week. Eunji had got her very own shop that she could use as her workshop too. She was very happy and had made quite a few paintings to display in her shop already. Yeona's mom and dad both had to leave town for business and she was supposed to be alone in her house for atleast one and a half week and she was glad to have some peaceful time in her home.