45. Courage

Waking up early in the morning, taking a quick warm bath, Eunji looked herself up in the mirror and went out for her shop. Her face looked like she hadn't been sleeping for two days, tensed about something.

Absent-minded-ly she walked into her workshop and stood infront of a blank canvas, sat down infront on it, picked up a brush and started to paint her last work before she took a leave for her wedding.

A few strokes here and a few strokes there, she glanced up to look at the painting and to her utter horror it was a rough brush sketch of Yoongi, the man who had been in her dreams, loving her, kissing her like she was all he had. Telling her that he loved her, his honey like voice making her heart melt.

A dry gasp escaped her lips and her hands gripped the brush in ber hand tighter.

'Stop thinking about him stupid! You are getting married to David in three days. He loves you and so do yo-'
'But I have been dreaming of Yoongi ever since...'

She was snapped back to reality by a voice calling for her.

"Miss Dreamer?" The man called again.

Eunji straightened up and walked to the voice. Her heart stopped for a second.

"Oh... Mr. Sejin..."

"Hello Miss Dreamer."

"Hello."

"Ah here is the paycheck for your art." Sejin said.

"Ghamsahamnida." Eunji said holding the cheque.

'Min Yoongi' the sign on the cheque said.

"You deserve it. I'll take my leave then."

Eunji nodded and Sejin turned to go but stopped in his tracks and faced Eunji again.

"Miss Dreamer..."

"Nae?"

"I know I am no one to say this but Yoongi is like my brother and I need to say this."

Eunji bit her lip waiting for Sejin to continue.

"He isn't doing good. He is showing that he is okay but I have known him for years, I know he is trying his best to make others believe its okay. He loves you. When he was around you, it was like he was the happiest man on earth. I don't know what happened between you two but I am afraid Yoongi has become quieter than before."

Eunji didn't say anything and looked at Sejin with tears in her eyes threatening to fall.

"I'll leave now." Sejin turned and walked out of Miso, leaving Eunji behind, a tear rolling down her cheek.

Rushing back inside her workshop, Eunji slumped down on her chair and hid her face in her palms. Hot tears didn't stop falling off her eyes. She cried and cried till her body ached. She looked up and saw the canvas with Yoongi's sketch she had drawn a few minutes ago.

"I love you Yoongi..." She whispered between her sobs.

She raised her hand, tracing her fingers along the dried paint on the canvas, as if trying to feel his pale skin through the canvas.

Without thinking twice, she closed her shop and rushed to her home. She ran up the stairs to her room and locked it.

"Eunji-ya! What happened?" Her mom knocked on the door seeing her rush in.
"Eunji-ya! Gwencchana?"

"Nae!" Eunji managed to speak.

Getting rid of her clothes and ran into her washroom. Getting out, changing into fresh clothes, she looked herself at the mirror and took a deep breath.

She picked up her phone and dialled up David. It rang and rang but he didn't pick it up. She threw her phone away and sat on her bed, her hands fidgeting with the bedsheet. Restless, she again called David up and yet again he didn't pick it up.

"He is on leave. Why isn't he picking up?" She asked herself.
"He must be home." Saying this, she picked up her purse and rushed down.

"Where are you going?" Her eomma asked.

"I was wrong this whole time Eomma. I was wrong. I was stupid to not know."

"What are you talking about?"

"I'll say you everything once its done. I'll come back soon."

"Eunj-"

Eunji ran out of the door. Her heart was beating fast, her eyes never settling on one thing, her fingers fidgeting with her purse. She was in a cab, on her way to David's.

'Fifteen minutes...' She thought.

She was constantly looking at her phone to check if David had called her back or atleast messaged her but nothing.

Eunji called him again but no one picked it up. She called up his home but couldn't reach them. At this point, her mind took her to the worst things that could have happened.

'Did something happen to them?'
'Did they get into an accident?'
'Did he-'

"Maam we are here." The driver intruded her thoughts.

Paying for the ride, Eunji started to walk towards David's house. She could see the white coloured house and Eunji started to sweat, nervous from what could be the outcome of her actions.

It took her a lot if courage to decide on this and there was no going back. But it was easy to think of and not to actually do it.

Her hands shaking, she took steps towards the entrace and walked inside his house. She halted at her steps and gasped at the scene infront of her.

________________________________________________

A/N:

We are really sorry for this very small chapter but the next ones will be longer again. Also sorry for this late update.

Thanks for reading.
Vote and comment guys💜