P. 2, Ch. 6: Gray

Brazen stuffs the Appelios back into his pocket and follows his path through the limp soldiers and the terrified citizens. Gray hesitates but follows, throwing his cloak off. The two walk through the streets and towards a large hill where a stone castle rests on top. They slowly make their ascent to the top.

He leads Gray through many long corridors and down many fleets of stairs. The further they get down, the more Gray feels at home with the temperature. Brazen unlocks a heavy metal door and pushes Gray inside. He points to the black metal chair and orders Gray to sit. It has padding on the back. Brazen once again pulls out the Appelios and says, "Magic Erasure," with the star pointed at Gray. Gray gets zapped with something and feels like he's missing something.

Brazen hides the star and straps Gray into the chair, leaving him with no way to escape. "I'm so excited," Brazen says, sounding all giddy. He holds a remote in his hand and pushes the lever all the way up. "Oops, sorry Gray." He giggles.

It takes a few seconds, but before long he feels an unsettling zap run through his entire body. He arches his back in pain as the electricity continues flowing. He bites the inside of his lip, letting the metallic taste in his mouth fall to the back of his throat.

"Scream for me, Gray," Brazen orders.

"Nev-er," Gray whispers, forcing the urge down.

"You're no fun, Gray," Brazen says with a pout. He turns the chair off and Gray's body falls limp from exhaustion except for the occasional twitch of a limb. Brazen grabs a taser and puts it in Gray's shoe. "You must start screaming after this." Brazen turns on the two devices and once again, Gray arches his back I pain and more blood pools in his mouth. "I'll turn it off now. You can't die just yet."

After Gray catches his breath and tries to push the horrible feeling of electricity coursing through his body, he says in a hoarse voice, "You can kill me but I won't let you hurt the others."

how persistent. You haven't changed at all, have you. You know, I gained the powers of the Appelios, just to torture you," he tells Gray.

"That's disgusting," Gray chokes out.

Brazen continues to try new torture methods on Gray for the following twenty minutes. The building shakes and dust escapes through the cracks in the ceiling. Brazen frowns. "Stay here," he orders and leaves the room, locking the door behind him.