P. 2, Ch. 4: Gray

The sight in front of the two was disturbing. They thought that the sight of Hosca City was bad enough but this has been taken to a completely different level. Rubble obscures the shadows of the skeletons hanging on wires with their legs missing. Gray can practically hear their screams. The towns' water well has been blocked with a thick layer of ice. Gray takes a cautious step forward and hears something cracking. He gulps and slowly looks down to see a thin white stick with cracks down the middle and dirt covering it. He shivers.

"Natsu, let's get out of here," Gray says quietly and looks over at him. The flames he soaks in will surely end Gray's life.

"Who?" He growls lowly.

"We should leave, Natsu," Gray states calmly.

"No way. Not until I kill who did this to these poor people."

"We should find the team and then show them this place."

"Whoever did this come and fight me!" Natsu shouts, ignoring Gray.

"This was done a while ago. The bodies are beginning to decompose."

"Then what about the ice, huh? They might still be here." Natsu faces Gray.

What Akatsume told him rushes back. "Brazen...It was Brazen. I'm sure of it! Akatsume told me he wanted to get revenge on humans because of a village that was struggling with their water resources up in the mountains."

"Brazen! Come fight me!" Natsu screams.

"We'll have to find him, Idiot. That's why we're going to Fiore."

Natsu calms down enough for his flames to diminish. Gray rests his hand on his shoulder. "Let's go back to the others."

Natsu hesitates before nodding his head and surprising him with a kiss on the cheek.