P. 1, CH. 18: Gray

"What happened to Wendy and Gray?" Lucy asks. Gray opens his tired eyes and sees Lucy and a very tired Erza who's being supported by Lucy. Natsu also looks up at the two women before returning his gaze to Wendy.

"Wendy was caught in Shi's attack, leaving her burned and Ice Princess can tell you about his experience," Natsu informs. Lucy turns to face Gray.

Gray groans. "I'm exhausted. A spontaneous training session yesterday and two nights of kinda crappy sleep don't really work well." He turns his head to stare at Happy. "You tell them Happy." He jumps in shock from hearing his name. He turns around to look at Lucy and Erza while Gray closes his eyes in hopes of refuelling himself.

"We fought a Water Demon Slayer and he was really strong. Gray was really struggling and got hit a few times and one by simply by luck," he bends the truth.

"That's not true! He did surprise attack me but I didn't win by luck," Gray says polemical.

"What are you going to do about your leg, Gray?" Erza asks.

Gray opens his eyes slightly to look at her. "Simple. When Wendy wakes up and has healed enough, I'll just ask her to heal me."

Carla looks up at Gray in fury. "Wendy isn't a tool you can just use!" She shouts. Everyone looks down at the white exceed in shock. Gray sits up and stares into Carla's eyes.

"I'm not going to use her as a tool, Carla. I'm going to-" Gray was cut off by two loud groans from further away. The seven members looked in the direction of the noise. Gray groans. "Seriously!?" he shouts angrily.

The male says loudly and roughly, "Now that everyone has been gathered, the Appelios can begin it's retaliation." Gray struggles to stand up but manages to do it. "You really are stupid," he says emphatically.

His right eye pears at them while his left is hidden behind red hair with a white streak. His skin is an ivory and his right eyes was an icy blue. He wears a white headband. A sleeveless black full length coat that has white rims covers a red (also sleeveless) shirt. He sports dark grey gloves that stop halfway up his forearms. A red snake skin tattoo weaves up his right arm. He also wears black pants.

"Don't stare. It's creepy." The red head crosses his arms over his chest. "The names Notan, but you can call me Raven." A surge of red lightning hits the Fairy Tail members. Luckily, Natsu swallows it before it can hit them. He wipes the side of his mouth.

"That was disgusting," Natsu says. "Let me give you a taste of a real attack. Fire Dragon: Claw!" His feet ignite and he lunges for the enemy and kicks him hard in the face and follows it up with a Fire Dragon: Roar and Crimson Lotus: Exploding Flame Blade.

Gray turns his head as to not get to obsessed with Natsu's beautiful form but when he stops hearing his shouts, he turns back around and sees Notan limp on the ground. "Aw, I expected more of a battle than a bashing," Natsu whines.

"And you would've gotten that," A gruff voice says from their left. Gray looks and his eyes land on the dreaded sight of Brazen. "I just needed him to pretend to be weak so I could use his body." Natsu growls.

"Are you seriously going to use your comrade for your own desires!?" Natsu voices all his disgust.

"He's not a comrade. He's a sacrifice in my game."

Brazen pulls out an orange luminescent star. He grabs Notan by the head and breaks his neck carelessly. He chants some incomprehensible words and the star glows more vibrantly, almost neon orange. Gray shields his eyes from the burning light. A large increase in light followed by darkness and stillness.

Gray slowly opens his eyes and looks around at his surroundings - well, what was once his surroundings.

"What the hell is going on!?" Natsu shouts.

"Don't ask me, Ugly Pig!" Gray growls, shifting his weight on his crutches.

"I know what's happened! Were stuck in time," Erza shouts. Gray's eyes widen in shock.

Natsu looks around frantically. "Guys? Where's Happy?" He shouts, voice strained. Gray's heart aches. Happy is nowhere to be found.

"He wasn't caught in time with us, maybe," Lucy assumes. Natsu rushes past Lucy and smashes the darkness. A piece falls out, allowing a bit of the outside world to show.

Natsu looks outside and immediately says (out of character), "Guys? You have to come see this..."

"Why?" Gray's says roughly as his stomach turns.

"Just...look," he whispers. Gray hobbles over as Lucy looks through. One glance was all it took for her to stumble back.

"What the hell happened out there?" She asks. Gray bends his head and looks around. The place is desolate. Everything has crumbles and the sky is ash covered. "If this is what's happened here, what's Fiore like? What has Fairy Tail become!?"