P. 1, CH. 2: Gray

Warning: inner homophobia

Team Natsu waits patiently at the train station. Erza massive pile of suitcases are tied tightly together on a massive wheelbarrow while she occupies Lucy. Natsu's getting sick at the thought of travelling by train and Wendy is attempting to comfort him. Happy is trying to have a conversation with Carla but not picking up on the hints that she isn't interested. Gray's lost in thought as he stands apart from the group, thinking about how he's going to come out to his friends. "Train to Frasherd will be arriving shortly," a robotic voice shouts over the speakers.

The platform is mostly empty. All the trains to the main towns and cities have left for the afternoon, leaving the seven members of Fairy Tail and a few bystanders waiting for the arrival of the last trains for the day. A slight breeze in the air accompanies the sun so hot that Gray was certain his skin was going to melt. The sound of the train's wheels against the tracks grow louder with every breath. Natsu begs Erza with his eyes and she delivers. She karate chops him unconscious and throws him over her shoulder all while holding onto her luggage.

The train slowly stops in front of them and the doors slowly slide open. The team climbs on. They split into two smaller groups. One cabin holds the boys while another holds the girls. Erza stored all her luggage in front of her cabin door. Natsu's limp body is next to Gray, who's staring mindlessly out the window, lost in a stupor. The train begins moving, causing Natsu to fall sideways onto Gray's shoulder, knocking him back into reality. He twists his head in surprise and pushes him off, but that doesn't do anything. He continues using the useless method until it becomes too tedious to continue. The train starts to pick up a lot of speed, swirling the scenery's colours into one. The wheels speak louder every time they pass over a nail.

"We will be arriving at Frasherd in 3 hours," the robotic voice booms through the train.

Happy gnaws on his fish silently. Gray looks at the blurred scenery, not being able to distinguish one form of flora from another. His attention slowly draws away from the outside world and to the sleeping salmon on his shoulder. Natsu's peaceful expression forces a smile upon Gray's lips. He looks at the distracted Exceed still eating happily, hoping it's enough to keep him distracted for long enough.

Gray creeps his right hang up to the salmon ocean and submerges his hand into it. He glances over at Happy who's finished eating and now is snickering at Gray's movements. Gray withdraws his hand as fast as Racer runs. He turns his attention back to the blurred colours outside the window. Happy snickers loudly. "You like Natsu, don't you?" He teases Gray.

Gray blushes a bright pink. "Don't be an idiot," he mumbles. Happy gets distracted by a fly on the window sill. He prepares himself to pounce at it, but just as he pushes himself towards the pest, it decides to change its resting area to the wall above Gray.

"Stupid fly." Happy sits down angrily. "Well, I still have more fish." He digs through his bag for another fish. He pulls one out and licks his lips.

How does he still have more fish? Gray thinks. He rolls his eyes at Happy. Natsu churns in his slumber, causing some of his hair to tickle Gray's neck. He groans and immediately doubles over with a pained expression. Gray turns to stare at him.

"Why does my tummy hate me?" His voice sounds feverish. Gray laughs at him. "D-Don't laugh at me, Ice Princess. O-Once we're off this train, I-I'm going to pummel-" Natsu cuts himself off with a gagging sound. Gray stands up and lifts Natsu up by the armpits, his heat warming Gray's hands. He slams the sick Dragon Slayer back down next to the window and unlocked it. Immediately, Natsu throws his head out the window and pukes his breakfast out. The heat from Natsu still lingers on Gray's hands, making him feel happy and fuzzy inside.