P. 1, CH. 1: Natsu

It's almost been three years since Zeref's life came to an end, along with the books of Zeref. Everything has mostly returned to normal. The townsfolk have returned to living their days as if Zeref had never attacked the Kingdom of Fiore and the magic guilds all rebuilt and got themselves on a steady path again. Fairy Tails' request board isn't big enough to take all their job requests. They've grown more popular over the past three years (due to prior events). Lucky for Wendy, she's started puberty!

Natsu and Happy sit in the celestial wizard's bedroom, munching on junk food and fish (that's for Happy). The door to the bathroom swings open and Lucy walks in. Her smile drops almost immediately. "My bedroom!" She shouts at the two boys.

"Morning," Natsu greets. Lucy runs over to Natsu and kicks him square in the face with her brown knee high boot, her long blonde hair flowing behind her.

"Get out of here, you jerks!" Lucy angrily shouts and crosses her arms over her chest. Natsu rubs the foot mark on his face.

"That hurt, Lucy," Natsu whines childishly.

"Want some fish?" Happy completely ignores his hurting friend and lifts a piece of fish about his huge head.

Lucy sighs. "You have to stop doing this, Natsu, Happy. I need my privacy."

"Nope! We like it here!" Natsu smiles brightly at Lucy. He stands up and walks towards the door. He looks back at the blondie and says, "let's go on a job, Lucy." She sighs and groans before following Natsu out of her house. Happy flies next to him with his small white wings.

Their feet clash in a consistent rhythm as they walk down the cracked body of stone. They turn right and into the packed Sunday Markets. Little children are holding their parents hands while they look for ingredients for dinner. Some men looking at the iron tools and others just browsing the clothing stands. The three friends push against the crowd, struggling with every step. Happy grabs the back of Natsu's shirt and pulls him out of the crowd. They fly above Lucy. "C'mon Lucy," Natsu urges.

Lucy looks up at them angrily and begins pushing through the crowd harder. Happy flies Natsu to the other side of the crowd and sets him down. Lucy stumbles out of the crowd. Natsu and Happy look cheekily at her. "Took you long enough," Natsu teases.

"Well, I wasn't the one who was flying," she argues back.

"Let's go now." Natsu ignored Lucy's anger and turns around to walk ahead and down the street.

"Aye!" Happy cheers and follows after Natsu.

Lucy whines. "Why do I have to be stuck with you idiots?" She whispers.

A weird smile showing pride forms on Natsu's face. After a few minutes of walking, the Fairy Tail guild cone roof comes into view, the large bell hanging as still as a statue like usual. They walk through the raised wrought iron gate and along the stone path towards the wooden doors. Natsu pushes the doors open effortlessly and walks inside.

"Laxus, come fight me!" Natsu doesn't hesitate to shout. He gets into a fighting position.

"Laxus is on a job right now, Natsu." Erza walks in front of him, her armour clanking together. Natsu frowns but immediately perks up.

"Let's go on a job then!" He punches the air. Erza sighs and watches as the pink haired male walks away from her and to the request board.

Natsu squints his eyes as he browses through all the job requests, as if doing so will help him find something interesting. A flyer in the far right corner catches his eye. He snatches it off the pinboard and studies it.

Missing artefact from Frasherd town. Track down the artefact and return it immediately. More information will be provided upon arrival.

Come to 23rd Masco street.

800,000 J

Natsu isn't usually a big fan of these kind of jobs but something about this one intrigued him. He runs over to where the rest of his team is and shows them the flyer. Lucy's eyes light up at the reward amount. "let's get that money - I mean artefact!" Lucy shouts, embarrassing herself in her words.

"I'm down," Gray agrees.

"This will be fun," Wendy jumps at the opportunity.

"I'll have to go along to keep this child safe," Carla states.

"I'm going if Natsu's going." Happy flies over to Natsu's side.

"I guess I'm going to have to go as well. We can't leave these two gremlins alone with each other." Erza's secretly dying to go and explore a new town but she wants to be perceived as the mature one.

"Yeah, this is going to be great!" Natsu cheers. He runs over to Mirajane who's serving more beer to Cana at the bar. He slams the flyer down onto the table, catching her attention. "We will be taking this job." Natsu smiles brightly at her.

"Ok. Be safe out there," Her silvery voice warns.

"We will." Natsu waves at her and runs back to his team. "Let's go!" He shouts.