P. 1, Ch. 16: Wendy

Wendy and Carla frantically look around for any signs of human activity. "W-where are we!?" Wendy asks in fear.

"Calm down Wendy. We've been teleported into the city," Carla responds as she transforms into her neko form.

Wendy looks around once again and notices Carla is correct.

"A spell has been placed around your specific area. You can't escape unless you defeat your opponent. Good luck," a gruff voice says. Wendy's eyes widen in shock and fear. She stumbles backwards and falls into Carla.

"Watch where you're going, child!" Carla says sternly.

"Oh my, oh my!" An imitation of a females voice says from beside Wendy. She turns around and sees a man with short purple hair and black eyes. His beige topless skin shows his bulking muscle with red markings. He wears black pants and blue runners. "I can't possibly hurt a little girl!" He cries and falls to his knees. In contrary to his looks, he is a very sensitive and sexist man. "I can't hurt a girl! That's too hard for me to do!"

"Huh?" Wendy slowly walks over to him and kneels beside him. "It's ok if you don't want to fight. I don't want to either." She smiles warmly at him.

"R-really!?" He shouts with hope and tears start spilling down his face.

"uh, y-yes." Wendy chuckles lightly.

"But one of us needs to be defeated to get out of this spell." He thinks hard. "Oh, I know! I'll just let you defeat me!" He smiles. "My names Shi, by the way."

"I don't want to hurt you though. You don't seem like a bad person." Wendy stands up and backs up a bit, not out of fear but awkwardness.

"Who said I wouldn't go down without a fight?" He asks harshly and growls.

Wendy can't stand how all over the place Shi is. It kind of annoys her. Wendy slowly backs up. Carla stands next to Wendy. Shi's body shines a light grey and he suddenly turns invisible. Suddenly, Carla and Wendy are hit with multiple attacks at once. "What's happening!?" Wendy shouts.

"I don't know!" Carla replies. The attacks die down and Shi appears a few steps closer to Carla and Wendy. His eyes widen in shock at how harmed Carla and Wendy are.

"Oh no! What happened!?" He shouts in confusion as tears well in his eyes.

Carla and Wendy look at him as if he's gone insane. "Uh, we were just attacked by the air," Wendy replies shakily.

"Oh no! I must've attacked you! I'm so sorry!" Shi replies. Carla and Wendy give each other a look and turn around to face their opponent. Shi suddenly straightens and looks more intimidating and scary. Shi shines a light grey again and turns invisible.

"Elemental resistances rise!" Wendy shouts and her defensive capabilities improve. Once she starts getting attacked, she starts swooping around, missing some of the attacks. Shi reappears again and goes soft on the two girls. Wendy uses this opportunity to attack him. "Sky Dragon: Roar!" She shouts and a huge gust of wind hits Shi, pushing him into a brick wall. Wendy runs up to him and jumps up and swings her leg at Shi. "Sky Dragon: Claw!" She shouts as she hits Shi. She jumps backwards, heart racing and blood pumping.

"Good job Wendy," Carla praises. Wendy looks over at her and smiles.

"Thanks Carla!"

The sound of bricks falling catches Wendy and Carla's attention. They look back and see that Shi hasn't been hurt at all. Wendy's eyes widen in shock. "Orange blaze!" Shi shouts with a devilish grin. At first, nothing happens but Wendy's vision starts turning a tinted orange. The heat hits her like a ton of bricks and she screams. She can feel her skin burning from the heat. Tears stream down her face. She collapses onto her hands and knees, still crying and screaming from the pain. Wendy can't hear Carla shouting at her over her screams of pain. Her body burns and so do her insides. The pain leaves her motionless.

The flames die down and Wendy collapses onto the ground with her whole body aching and screaming. Her throat tastes roar and she can tell she's going to have different skin tones. Though she feels like screaming and giving up, she doesn't. She pushes herself up on wobbly legs and looks at Carla. "D-don't worry Carla." She smiles at her and looks over at Shi. Wendy spreads her legs apart. "Shattering Light: Sky Drill," she croakily whispers and puts all her magic power into this attack. She moves her arms counter-clockwise and a wind barrier contracts inwards towards Shi. Wendy immediately collapses onto the ground and falls unconscious.