"What're you, my mom?"

Corey shot the boy a playfully offended look as Sofia giggled, her hands clasping Y/N's as the two danced. Brianne and Jenna danced with the boys as Sofia and Y/N jumped around. Sofia's eyes moved from Y/N's to look behind her, a smirk forming.

"You've got an admirer watching you."

Y/N's eyebrows furrowed before turning around, her eyes immediately connecting with Hermione's. Hermione blushed and ducked her head as she turned back to Viktor, a small laugh escaping her lips. She turned back to Sofia who smirked at her, Y/N looking at her best friend confused.

"What?"

"Nothing," Sofia said, the two returning to dancing. This night couldn't be going better for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was another hour into the ball, there still being about two hours left. Y/N once more was dancing with Cedric, this time to a slow song. Her arms were wrapped around his neck as his slung themselves around her waist delicately.

The slow rhythm and tempo of the song caused the two to gently sway to the side with the others on the dance floor. Y/N looked at Cedric with a smile, the boy returning the gesture.

"Thank you."

Y/N looked at him confused, "What for?"

"Agreeing to come with me," he said, "I didn't know if you would."

"Why?"

Cedric shrugged, "I don't know, perhaps I thought you were already going with someone else."

Y/N laughed, "No, I honestly don't think I would've said yes to anyone else."

Cedric's eyebrow quirked upwards as a small smirk played on his lips.

"Not even Granger?"

Y/N's face flushed immediately, "She didn't ask me."

"But if she did," Cedric challenged back, Y/N only huffing as he chuckled. The two continued to dance until the song started to fade away, a new one relaxing the atmosphere. Her eyes flickered over to Ron and Harry, the two boys looking bored as their dates were dancing with others-Durmstrang boys.

Cedric followed her line of sight. He turned back to her with a small smile.

"Go, I've got to dance with Cho. I promised her."

Y/N turned back to the boy with a questioning look.

"Are you sure?"

Cedric nodded with a small smile, "Yeah, don't worry about me. I can find you later."

Y/N sent the boy an appreciative smile before kissing his cheek, then making her way over to her cousin and his best friend. Ron's lips were turned downwards in a slight frown as Harry's held a blank expression. She smiled at the toe before sitting in the seat next to Ron.

"You two having fun?"

Harry and Ron let out a sarcastic laugh, both of them narrowing their eyes at Y/N.