21: The Villainess And the Duke

Knile Hyll Reiss Pov

"Celestia, find something like a solution to hide these eyes. Try going to the black market if you must." I ordered. Raising the cup to my lips, I savored the tea she carefully prepared.

"As you wish, but are you going to be fine without an assistant?"

"If your that worried, try to finish your task as fast as you can."

"That's a bit cruel but ok." She stated. I then heard the door closed and the room went silent.

I wonder, why is Celestia talking to me informally? Did I do something right for her to be so comfortable speaking at me like that?

After Celestia left, I heard someone knocking. Its as if they were waiting for Celestia to leave me alone...

"My lady, may I enter?"

A gentle and alluring voice ask and I sigh since I figured out it was a maid.

"State your business before entering."

"The Duke wishes to see you and I'm here to escort you, my lady."

What a pain. What does the Duke want? He'll probably scold me or possibly threatened me again.

After the confrontation between us, I gotta admit I'm a bit scared of him now...

"My lady I'm coming in."

As of cue, her footsteps resounded throughout the room and I imagined her standing in front of me. My eyes were still covered by bandages and I needed to rely in my senses.

I raised my arm and ordered the maid to hold it and lead the way. I can sense her hands sweating and trembling from fear of making mistakes which is quite funny. I accidentally chuckled about it.

Well, I'm someone who laughs at someone's misery and  I tend to suppress it back then. But right now, I don't have many reasons to do so because, in this world, I'm free to do what I want.

After hearing my laughter, the maid was trembling and sweating even more.

A few minutes later I heard the maid announce our presence and I think the butler opened the door. He address the maid to do some task as he assisted me. He takes a hold of my hand and leads me to the couch. After that, he left us alone and somehow, I felt overwhelmed by the silent treatment.

I'm a villainess, I should not get scared.

I won't die today.

He won't kill me! He won't. That's just illogical...

He needs to use me first before disposing of me so I should be fine. I'm still usable when it comes to marriage so everything should be fine.

And besides, I don't think fate will dispose of me that fast.

A sigh then escapes my lips.

"Why did you sigh just now? Is there something bothering you?" The Duke with his harsh voice mixed with a worried statement almost made me laugh. Is he perhaps contradicting himself when it comes to me? Sure I look like your dead wife and I'm like the neglected child in this household so I wish your thoughts torture you when you go to sleep.

"I suppose its nothing. You needn't concern yourself." I blankly answered. He didn't even ask if I'm ok...

"But, are you planning on criticizing me?"

"You are not wrong,"
.
.

"And right either."

Ha!... wait what.