12: The Villainess From Another View

Rayll Hyll Reiss Perspective

(I'm no good with names)

I feel quite strange. Ever since I saw Knile collapsed and vomit blood, I'm getting confused.

"Am I gonna die?"
The moment those words left her lips, it made me realize something. I couldn't understand why. Why did I pity her at that moment?

It was strange. I couldn't stop thinking about her after she vomited blood. Every day I visited her and checked how she was doing. My mind was filled with worry I couldn't even rest. I even spoke to her and showed how worried I was.

I felt disgusted by my actions.

I was never fond of her. I never liked her. I didn't treat her like Celestine and showed some affections. We were only related by blood so I didn't feel the need to create a brother and sister relationship with her.

She was the only child loved by our mother. After she was born and showed her mother those red bloody eyes, mother stop loving me. Knile was the only one showered with affections from our mother.

Mother ignored and had forgotten that Celestine exists. It was like Knile was the only child she ever conceived. Day and night mother was always by her side. But, why is Knile always sad whenever she is with mother? She should be happy!

Father also notice the unexpected change but ignored it. Instead, he tried his best to show that he loves us. When he isn't busy, he invites us to go to town with Celestine. I never saw Celestine smiled so bright after that.

I just want mother to be there for us yet why was it hard? Why was it so hard to divert her attention to me or Celestine?

Celestine grew up without mother's love. Her maid was her mother. It was a pity. Father also felt the same.

Father had enough with it so he consulted mother and I felt hope around the atmosphere. I was really happy he was consulting mother. That day, Celestine and I hid inside the closet just to hear our mother's response.

Celestine was smiling so bright I felt like she was the only star in this world. That day was so filled with hope that I've completely forgotten what despair feels like.

"You don't understand! Knile is special!"

The conversation didn't even divert to the main problem and she was already upset. Both Celestine and I stop grinning.

"But that doesn't mean you should ignore your other children!"

"Isn't your love for them enough!"

"No, it will never be enough! Your responsibility as a Duchess, as a mother, you should try to fulfill them! It is not right to ignore your other kids!"

"Ha... You don't seem to understand. Knile! Knile is-"

"Enough with that name! Why? Why do you even love that child?! She is nothing special! She doesn't even show any sign of magic! How is she so-"

"Let's just divorce!"

How? How is it that Knile can destroy their relationship?! I heard from mother before that she loves father so much she's afraid she can't love her children anymore! How come?!

I stared at Celestine and saw tears fell from her pink eyes. We were both in despair after hearing those words from our mother. I was filled with disappointment and envy.

She doesn't cherish us. She only cares for Knile.

"What... Why? We love each other so much! So why? Duchess Reighn answer me!"

"I'm tired Silver. I'm tired of you. I'm tired of this family. I'm tired of you people hating my Knile. Could you not hate her?"

We were also desperate for mother's love.

"Knile! Knile! Knile! That child, if only she wasn't born!"

"Wishing for my daughter not to be born? Just how heartless can you be? I have enough, I'll be leaving the house this instant."

Father didn't say any word to stop her. Once our mother decides on something, she will never change it.

"You should feel happy that the older child of yours is still breathing."

What...

That day, we realize how Knile is so blessed. We envy her so much we bullied her. Mother saw our acts and hated us. Both of them left Household Reiss and went to Grandfather, the Duke of Household Hyll.

We were so lonely at that time. Mother never visited us and father gone cold. He became a dull person and never showed affection like he used to. Even after all those events, I couldn't despise mother. Even if she wanted me gone...

Her voice, and those last words I heard; I couldn't comprehend what she meant by it.

After a month filled with loneliness and desperation, the devastating news came that resulted in an uproar inside the empty mansion. Our mother, the woman whom I cherish, pathetically departed.

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛✧༺♥༻✧♛┈⛧┈┈•༶
Thanks for the comments and votes.
Point out some mistakes since I'm sure there's grammatical error somewhere!