5: Threatening The Prince

The image above is the prince. ಠ◡ಠ

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○
"I know you would be in here." The Raven-haired teenager with lovely ocean blue eyes stated. If only I am allowed to take his eyeball... Fuck royalty.

"Greetings your Highness," I blankly spoke as I formally bow.

"Cut the crap, I know you're up to something. You've been acting weird ever since that girl showed up." He normally spoke but I can sense anger from him. The dark magic I carry detects  negative emotions like despair, resentment, and anger that triggers something in my head. No wonder the original Knile lost her mind during those turbulent times. 

"I see, it's great you came. We need to talk about the engagement." I look away and face the luminous crescent moon. I'm glad no one saw me escape from the window in the ballroom.

Gazing back at him, I suddenly felt suffocated as I sense strong hatred and resentment. I wonder how Knile got used to this stuff.

"What? You're planning to speed things up and become the mother of the Empire because you felt threatened by the girl?" A twisted smile appeared on his face. "You are blinded by your jealousy."

Wow, to think that he immediately jumps to conclusion.

"Even though we were childhood friends you still get the wrong idea about me. Were you ever my friend before our engagement?"

It somehow feels sickening too... Just how much do you hate her?!

"I don't befriend monsters."

Huh? He knows Knile has sickening memories being called a monster yet he's doing it with no hesitation. You're trying to trigger someone's bad memories?

Beauty really is neither the inside nor outside within this guy.

I sigh. I can't proceed to plan A. I don't want to create a deal with him. It has the highest possibility of backfiring. Let's just proceed to Plan B.

"I can tell you fell in love with that lowly girl. You should start teaching her how to become an Empress and pressure her just like the old me-"

"What?" He shouted suddenly while grabbing my shoulder and gripping it harder. "Just what are you scheming?!" His eyes widen and their was malice within.

He's an idiot, immediately taking action without even wasting brain cells to figure out what I said.

"You disappoint me, your highness." His eyes, they were somehow terrified. Since you tried to provoke me, let me return it. His majesty treasured me more than him and hearing the same words and tone the king used against him causes him to tremble no matter who says it. Let's hurt each other shall we?

"Instead of talking it out peacefully, you choose to immediately take action. Is it because you think you knew me? Because I'm a childhood friend you immediately latch on? Is this how the future Emperor will act?" He clicks his tongue and releases me from his grip. He steps back and fell on the floor crouching.

"You have no right to judge me."

His tone of voice reminds me of teenagers from my previous life. People judge one another everyday, they just don't say it.

"Ah, are you saying I don't have the freedom to create judgment? Wow, you must think highly of yourself then. Just because you are the Prince doesn't change the fact that you are still a vulnerable human. In fact, once you become the ruler of this land, you will never get away from everyone's judgement"

"Tch, you think you know everything?"

"No, I'm saying this for your own good. Think things thoroughly, just like how an empress should be." I lied and emphasize the word empress and bend down to his level, my lips right next to his left ear. I hate being this close so let's finish it fast.

"Let's cut ties," I whispered and felt my eyes glow. According to the manga, the crimson eyes glow whenever Knile shows emotion. That must mean I'm showing hatred or something.

His eyes dilated as he stares at the floor. He was frozen and I think his mind is in chaos.

"It's easy, break the engagement using that new girl. I suppose with you mentioning true love the Empress would immediately approve. Why would she approve of it? For more information, you can visit the dukedom to know more about the Empress I suppose. And oh yes, happy birthday." I left.

 I ordered my maid to find more information about the Empress and she found a valuable information that could create chaos among the orders. I was surprised she managed to get that kind of info. It wasn't even written on the manga.

From the hallways, I can still hear the lively music which drains my energy. Socializing is sure hard when you are an introvert.

Anyways, my plan A was to directly ask him to not annul the engagement until we finish graduating from the academy. There was this part of the plan where I would help the heroine become an Empress even though I naturally hated her guts and will use her for my selfish goal.

Though after hearing the term monster, I canceled it. I know it's petty reasoning but he doesn't respect me as the future Empress or someone who went through hardships with him.

His father the Emperor is a rational man but also greedy. He created the engagement to take control of our dukedom. Our dukedom can surpass the influence of the Royal Family because the two households Hyll and Reiss collab, so the best action for me was to use that greed against the prince. Ha, I somehow think that I'm protecting that cursed dukedom...

Anyways, By telling him to cut ties, he would immediately be reminded of what his father always told him. He fears his father as much as I fear my mother.

He would be labeled as a failure once his father found out about this. His mother would defend the son and yada yada, family drama. That actually rhymes.

The Emperor will try to find ways to force our dukedom to not cut ties at all and the prince will suffer. If I use that desperation correctly, I might use it to destroy the Royal Family. Ha, but then again this is all just speculations. I should probably start creating plans for the future.

Plans to destroy this rotten empire.

Just kidding, but saying that as the villainess sounds so serious though.