98. christmas dinner with your family

these are from random accounts on tumblr! enjoy :)

———

calum
"i'm nervous," calum breathes as the two of you walk up the steps of your house. "what if they don't like me?" "cal, everyone will love you. just be yourself." you tell him, going inside. you're greeted with hugs from your extended family as you introduce calum to everyone. the two of you sit down on the couch, talking to some of your cousins. "y/n, will you help me in the kitchen?" your mother calls. "are you good to hang here?" you ask calum, not wanting to make him uncomfortable. "i'll be alright." he chuckles, pecking your lips before you walk off. after helping set the table, you walk back to where you left calum to find him surrounded by a group of your aunts and uncles. "what's going on?" you ask, sitting back down by your boyfriend. "i'm telling the story of how we met." calum smiles. "oh it's so embarassing!" you laugh. "i think it's adorable. you two look so well together." your aunt judy says. "thanks." you smile, giving your boyfriend an 'i-told-you-so' smile.

luke
luke sat on the couch surrounded by your little cousins while you helped prepare dinner in the kitchen. "are you y/n's boyfriend?" 7 year old spender asks him. "yeah, i am." luke smiles. "are you gonna get married?" the little boy asks. "oh, i dunno." luke mumbles, blushing. "do you love her?" your 9 year old cousin stephanie chimes in. "of course i do." luke replies honestly. "then why wouldn't you marry her?" stephanie asks. "well, i guess i would." your boyfriend says, seriously considering marriage. "what are we talking about in here?" you ask, walking up to the group. "luke said he wants to marry you!" spencer informs. you raise your eyebrows at luke, sitting down next to him. "did he?" "i didn't- well i mean i did, but-" luke stutters. "do you love him too?" another one of your cousins asks. "yeah, i do." you smile. "so are you gonna get married?" stephanie asks. "that would be alright with me." luke smiles at you lovingly. "me too," you smile. "so maybe we will."

ashton
"y/n, ashton, come watch a movie with me!" your youngest cousin says, dragging you both downstairs to the basement, leaving the rest of your family upstairs to mingle. "okay, what do you want to watch?" you chuckle, turning on the flat screen tv and pulling up netflix. "the grinch!" she tells you, sitting down on the couch. you and ashton sit down too, you being in the middle. a little while into the movie, ashton whispers, "this is boring." "it's either this or socializing with the adults." you say, making you both shudder. "i have another idea in mind..." ash tells you, grabbing a blanket and draping it over the two of you. as your little cousin was mesmerized by the cartoons on the tv, ashton's hand slowly climbs up your thigh. "you are brave, mr irwin." you giggle. "just think of it as an early christmas gift." he smirks.

michael
"you're cute, boy," your grandma says, patting michael on the shoulder. "who did you come with?" "oh i'm y/n's boyfriend. my name is michael." he smiles. "oh!" she exclaims. "i should have known. she used to talk about you all the time before you two met." "really?" your boyfriend raises his eyebrows. "oh yes. she went on and on about you from that band, erm..." "5 seconds of summer?" michael chuckles. "right right! you were always her favorite. she would write y/n clifford on everything." your grandma laughs. "wow, she's never told me that before." he says. after talking to your grandma, he goes to find you. "why hello y/n clifford." "michael we're not married." you laugh, looking at him confused. "well after talking to your grandma, it seems like you want to be." he laughs. "oh no... what did she say?" you ask, your eyes going wide. "just that you were obsessed with me before we met!" "ugh, she's so embarrassing." you groan. "it's okay, babe," michael tells you. "you got me, didn't you?" "yes, and I couldn't be more happy." you smile, kissing him softly as some of your little cousins yell 'ew'.