36. divergent au

calum
"i-i'm divergent." calum whispers to you once he finishes his aptitude test. he was born into candor with you, and even though he was kind and honest, you both knew his heart didn't belong to this faction. "you are?" you ask, your palms sweating even more before taking your own test. "what are you going to choose?" you ask your boyfriend, taking his hand in yours. he sighs and shrugs, looking down at the floor. "whatever you choose." he says, looking at you again. you close your eyes and shake your head. "cal, i don't want you to-" you begin to say but calum cuts you off. "i'm not leaving you, y/n," he puts his hand on your thigh. "you're my world. i'm going wherever you go." he tells you seriously. you look into his eyes and kiss him softly. "i love you." you whisper to him. "i love you too. good luck." he smiles as you walk into the small room to take your test. a little while later you come out with your results. calum stands up and looks at you. "well?" "i'm divergent too."

luke
'meet me outside the compound in at 8pm' the note from your best friend luke said. the two of you grew up in abnegation together, living right beside each other. you both turned 16 in a matter of days which meant you'd soon have to choose which faction you belong to. you knew in your heart that you were an abnegation and just hoped that luke would stay with you. over the years, you've developed a huge crush on him. actually, it was more like you fell in love with him. he was the perfect guy for you— kind, honest, caring. you didn't want to see him walk away from you. at 7:55, you made your way from your house to the compound to see luke already waiting for you. "hey." you smiled, walking up to him with your hands in your pockets. "hi," he smiles and gives you a hug. you laugh lightly and hug him back. "i know you're getting antsy with the choosing ceremony coming up," he says, pulling away and reaching into his back pocket. "so i got you something." he pulls out a long black box and you look at him with your mouth wide open. "luke, you really didn't have to do this." you tell him, worried about how much money he spent on you. "you haven't even seen it yet." he chuckles. you sigh, smiling at him and open the box. it was a long gold chain and at the end was a small sunflower charm. "a necklace? oh wow, it's beautiful." you say in awe. "now you can wear your favorite flower everywhere!" luke grins, making you giggle. "thank you, luke." "can i put it on you?" you nod and turn around. he carefully gathers your hair, moving it all to one side of your head and clasps the necklace around your neck. his hands linger on your neck for a few seconds before you feel his breath in your ear. "i'm staying here with you, y/n. i promise i'm never leaving you." he whispers.

ashton
arriving at amity, ashton always knew this is where he truly belonged, not dauntless. his home faction was much more intense than the soft, peaceful setting of the faction he chose. he notices you getting off the train with him, and remember you declaring at you'd stay in your home faction. wanting to learn the ways of his new home, he walks over to you to introduce himself. "hi, i'm ashton. you're y/n, right?" he smiles. "yeah! nice to meet you." you smile and shake his hand. "i remember you saying you'd stay in amity at the choosing ceremony, so i was hoping you could show me around?" he bites his lip. "yeah of course!" you giggle. you and ashton spend the rest of the day walking around the compound and helping him get used to the changes. you spent your night sitting on a rooftop eating pb&j sandwiches, asking him questions about his former faction. getting to know ashton was so fun and you were excited to see what the future holds for the two of you.

michael
"next fight is... michael and y/n." eric announces. you see the tough looking boy step up to the platform. you were brave, but timid to fight since you don't have alot of experience with it. you step onto the platform and michael looks you up and down, getting in a fighting stance. "don't worry, princess. i'll go easy on you." he winks. you take a deep breath and get ready to fight. "and go!" eric says. the two of you walk around in a circle before you decide to make the first move. you kick your foot out, reaching for his knees to knock him down but he grabs your leg in the air, causing you to fall instead. you grunt as you hit the ground and look up at him. "you're gonna have to try harder than that." he smirks. you glare at him, stand up quickly and throw a punch at his nose. michael stumbles backwards, caught off guard in which you take the opportunity to go for his legs again. this time you succeed, and the boy falls to the ground. you straddle him and hold him on the ground. "and the winner is y/n!" eric declares, making you chuckle at michael. "guess you're gonna have to try harder than that."

———

I feel like these factions fit the guys so well. like luke and ashton could both be amity or abnegation, but i really think cal is divergent and mikey is dauntless! what do you think?