70. close as strangers (song preferences)

these are from mustachemichael on tumblr!

calum
on the phone I can tell that you wanna move on,
through the tears I can hear that I shouldn't have gone

"cal, I need you right now, I really need you," you sobbed, your hands covering your tear stained face. he yearned to reach out to you, to hold you against his chest and tell you everything would be alright but skype doesn't have that feature. "cal-um," she hiccuped, removing her hands to grab another tissue. "darling, we'll make it work, I'll come home soon, next week, I promise. baby don't cry, or, I can g-get you a plane ticket right now for tomorrow, yeah?" "that's not the point, I just want you to stay and never have to leave. I want you back to myself and I know that's so selfish, I've tried hiding my true feelings but it's not working. this a waste of time, cal. I just miss you too much. I love you but I think it's time to end things." "no please don't leave me. we can make it work." calum pleaded, regretting ever even thinking about leaving the love of his life, but even he knew the relationship was crumbling.

luke
six months since i've been away,
and i know everything has changed,
but tomorrow i'll be coming back to you

you breathed in and out, nervously waiting for luke. you changed so much in the past six months that you were afraid that he wouldn't love the way you were now. you was no longer a blonde, no longer wearing large black rimmed glasses and no longer a crier. you were just a girl who missed her boyfriend. checking the time, you realize the boys had just landed. you would see him again. an hour later, the screaming fans gathered around the barriers told you that they were making their entrance. you breathed in and out again, trying to calm your erratic heartbeat. however, when the voice you had grown to love yelled out your name, you could help but burst into tears, running straight at him. luke picked you up, twirling you around, hugging you tightly. "I missed you so much, I love you, I love you babe, I love you." you rambled, refusing to let go as clicks of phones and cameras went off around you. your prince charming was back and that was all that you cared about.

ashton
late night calls and another text
is this as good as we're gonna get
another timezone taking me away from you

the concert had gone swimmingly, and ashton couldn't wait to call to tell you all about it as you had asked him to the night before. the guys raced into the bus, ready to pass out of fatigue, but he was as wide awake as ever, still slightly high on adrenaline. opening my phone, ashton was greeted by four notifications from you. one was saying good luck which was sent before the concert had started and the rest were notifications saying she had posted on social media, all over an hour ago.  dialing your number, he impatiently waited for you to pick up. ring after ring after ring beeped but there was no answer from the other end until your voicemail finally came on. he waited for it to end before leaving one. "hey babe, it's ash, just wanted to talk to you about today's concert but you must be busy so i'll just talk to you later. love you!" he said and hung up. calum laughs and looks back at ashton from his bunk. "mate it's four in the morning there, why would she even be up?" ashton lets out a groan, remembering the time difference between you two, but he refused to let the distance take you away from him.

michael
everyday you seem a little bit further away,
and i don't know what to say
are we wasting time talking on a broken line
telling you i haven't seen your face in ages

you smile to yourself, putting your phone against your ear. "hi babe." "hey there baby, how are you?" you hear michael's voice on the other end of the line. "i'm good. how are you? where are you guys at now?" you ask, sitting down on your bed. "we just landed in england." "wow, you're ever further away now." you say, frowning a bit. every day, michael traveled farther away from you, from his home. "tour isn't forever, babe. i'll be back before you know it." he reassures you as a yawn builds up in his voice. "are you tired? should I let you sleep?" you ask him, not wanting to keep him from getting rest. you knew jet lag and performing every other night was exhausting for him. "um, actually yeah. i'll just call you tomorrow." he says. "oh okay. I love you." you tell him, smiling softly. "I love you too, baby. goodnight." "goodnight." you end the call and sigh, looking at the other, empty side of the bed. phone calls with michael weren't how they used to be. with the awkward conversations, it was almost like you were mere acquaintances instead of a couple. you longed for the day michael would be back in your arms.