129. "why can't you see?"

calum
"i don't know why you're so stuck on him, y/n." calum sighs, attacking the guy that you're seeing once again. "i don't know why it's such a big deal, calum," you retort, sick of his complaints about who you choose to date. "i'm old enough not to be babysat by you." "babysat? you think i want to babysit you?" he scoffs. "you're acting like you're my mother!" you yell at him, throwing your hands in the air. "why can't you see i'm in love with you?" he yells back, unable to stop the words from spilling out of his mouth. your heavy breath gets caught in your throat at his confession and your eyes widen. calum stares back, realizing what he just admitted. "I should go." he mutters, walking over to you to grab his jacket from the couch. you meet him halfway, abruptly grabbing onto his arm to stop him. you make intense eye contact for a few seconds before you connecting your lips to his, kissing him hard. calum is surprised, but kisses back, placing a hand on your waist.

luke
playing with the fingers of your best friend, you dared the words to come out of your mouth. you had already had this conversation and it ended in tears, but your heart cared so much, and apparently his cared so little. "why can't you see us together?" you ask without meeting his eyes. "y/n..." luke sighs. "i just want to know why. am i not pretty enough or cool enough or something?" "it has absolutely nothing to do with you," he assures you. "you're amazing. you're funny, kind, caring, thoughtful, witty, everything anyone could ever want." "but you don't want me." you mutter. "i do. i want you in my life. i want you as my best friend, but i believe we both have other people out there waiting for us. the universe knows who our soulmate is, and i don't want to take you away from a relationship you could have with the person you're meant to be with for the rest of your life." it was pretty sweet of him if you thought about it, however, he was the only one who saw in your future. no one has ever even come close to making you feel how luke made you feel. he kept you happy, safe and loved. "well whoever it is, your soulmate is really lucky." you smile at him. "thanks, y/n. you too." he smiles back, poking your arm.

ashton
"you've been looking at yourself in that mirror for the past 10 minutes. what's up?" he asked crossing his arms across his chest as he sat on the edge of your shared bed, waiting for you to explain. "it's just- i don't know. i feel like my body isn't pretty. i mean I'm not that healthy anymore." you sighed as you looked your body again. "why can't you see that you're perfect in my eyes?" he asked a bit concerned. "yeah, your eyes not anyone else's. ashton, you're my boyfriend of course you say that to make me feel better." you said avoiding to meet his eyes. "y/n, look at me." he said looking at your reflection through the mirror. "no," you answered as a tear fell down your face. "look at me, please." he said standing up then turning you around to face him and look into his beautiful, glowing eyes. "i didn't say that to make you feel better. it's the truth. you are perfect. you are healthy. but you can't see it and i want you to." he confessed. "ashton, i-" you tried to talk but he cut you off by kissing you deeply. "don't be insecure of your body. you're always beautiful to me, no makeup or with makeup, although I prefer no makeup." he said before connecting his lips to yours again and made sure you believed his words completely.

michael
storming out of the house, you sigh and sit by the fire pit in the corner of the backyard. a fun night with the guys and their girlfriends turned into a horrible night for you. michael brought his new girlfriend, crystal to the party who you didn't like. you've been best friends with him for years and during that time, you grew feelings that unfortunately weren't reciprocated. seeing him with the girls he brings home finally made you break out into tears. a few minutes later, the boy you wanted to see the least came out to check on you. "y/n, are you okay?" michael asks, taking a seat on the cushion next to you. "i'm fine, go back inside." you tell him, avoiding eye contact and wiping your watery eye. "but you're crying." "duh i'm crying," you scoff, wondering how he could be so naive. "why can't you see what you do to me?" you ask him, finally meeting his concerned eyes. "what?" "i love you, michael. like actually love you, and i can't stand it when you bring girls over because i wish it was me." you admit. "y/n... i'm sorry," he starts, and you cringe, knowing the words he would say next. "i just don't feel the same way. i love you as a friend, but nothing more." he tells you, pained that he couldn't give those feelings back to you. "it's fine. i get it." you say, embarrassed and crushed.