179. poly!5sos confesses feelings for you

this was a request!

———

"no, i'm telling her!"

"i am!"

"i was first, i should tell her!"

"why don't we all tell her?"

"no."

"what are you guys arguing about?" you ask with a small chuckle as you walk into the living room from around the corner.

"oh y/n! you're here!" ashton smiles, but seems a bit off.

"yeah, you remembered i was coming, right?" you ask, setting your bag and your keys down on the coffee table in front of the other three boys that were on the sofa.

"oh trust me, we did." michael sighs, resting his head in his hand and his elbow on the arm of the sofa.

"are you guys okay?" you ask yet another question, trying to figure out why they were arguing before you walked into ashton's house.

"um..." ashton mumbles, looking at the other boys.

"hey y/n can i talk to you in the other room for a second?" calum asks, sitting up.

"don't you dare!" luke grabs the sleeve of his shirt, keeping him from standing up.

"luke!" ashton scolds him while michael just laughs.

"he was gonna tell her!" luke defends himself, letting go of cal's shirt.

"tell me what?" you ask them, crossing your arms.

the four boys stare back at you like deer in headlights so you raise your eyebrows. "hello? someone tell me what's going on!"

"fine, we all like you, okay?!" michael blurts out.

you blink, the information taking you by surprise. that definitely wasn't what you were expecting to hear at all. maybe new tour dates or something like that. not what just came out of your best friend's mouth.

"you what?" you ask.

ashton sighs and looks to the floor. "yeah we um," he says, lifting his head back up to look at you. "all of us have feelings for you."

you nod slowly, taking in the news. "oh okay..."

"i was gonna tell you first! then all of them tried to copy me." luke says.

"we didn't copy you, luke. we've all been feeling the same thing." calum rolls his eyes at the blonde.

"we didn't realize that all of us were falling for you." ashton tells you.

"okay..." you repeat, not knowing what else to say in the unlikely situation.

"so do you like any of us?" michael blatantly asks.

"oh um," you blush, looking to the floor, intertwining your fingers together as you get a little nervous.

"don't just straight up ask her that, mike." calum scoffs, gently smacking the boy on the arm.

"well we want to know, don't we?" michael says.

to be honest, you did. you had feelings for all of the boys. they're each so special in their own way and they all have beautiful, kind souls. there was no way you couldn't fall in love with them.

"i do actually..." you tell them, biting your lip and looking at them.

"really?" luke gasps softly.

"who?" calum asks.

"um.. all of you." you admit, laughing softly at the coincidence.

"are you serious?" michael asks, his jaw dropping and his face falling forward as he looks at you in disbelief.

"yeah i mean, we've all been friends for so long and you all are amazing guys. it was bound to happen eventually." you shrug.

"well," ashton says, unsure of how to go about the situation.

"i call dibs." luke says.

"you can't call dibs on a woman!" calum flicks the boy in the ear.

"ow!" luke exclaims, cupping his hand over his ear protectively.

"stop attacking each other and think. what are we actually gonna do about this?" you ask them.

you had never been in a situation like this before. you knew couldn't pick one boy over another. they were all different and you knew it would break your heart and theirs if you had to choose.

ashton is such a bubbly and kind soul, you love the way he lights up a room. luke is awkward but in a cute way, and majorly talented. calum is undoubtedly sexy and can you make you laugh for ages and michael's personality is what you adore most about him. you needed all four of them wrapped up into one, perfect man.

"well... they are such things as poly relationships." michael brings up, slowly looking around at everyone else in the room.

"you mean, where we all date each other?" luke asks, still holding his ear to keep calum's fingers away from it.

"yeah it's like a group relationship," you tell them. "but how would you guys feel about that?"

the boys look around at each other, contemplating the idea and thinking of what they would want in a relationship. if they're even ready for something like that.

"to be honest, i'd be fine with it." ashton speaks up.

"i mean it's different than most relationships, but me too." luke agrees.

"i don't care if it's different, i'm down." calum nods.

"michael?" you prompt the only boy who hasn't responded with raised eyebrows.

"hell yeah!" he laughs, clearing some of the tension in the room.

"are you guys sure? i really don't want to push you guys into something like this." you tell them, fiddling with your fingers. it was a big step you have never thought about before, and neither have they.

ashton walks over to you, taking your nervous hands in his own. your heart flutters as he speaks, "i love you, y/n. we all do. we want to do this." he tells you seriously, ending his sentence with a kiss on your cheek.

"okay," you smile and nod. "but how is this going to work? i mean like dates and stuff and i'm sure the paparazzi will stir up some story if they start noticing things and don't even get me started on how we're going to have se–"

"y/n! calm down!" calum chuckles, standing up from the couch and walking over to you and ashton. "we can figure it all out later. for right now, just be happy." he tells you, wrapping his arms around your waist from behind and resting his chin on your shoulder.

"wow," you sigh, loving the attention you're getting. "yeah i think i could get used to this."

———