Mine to Hold

[P.O.V. Kendrick Ryans]

(An Hour before the Charity Ball- 6:00 p.m.)

Jennifer and Cassidy have been in the bedroom in Jennifer and my hotel room. Getting ready for tonight's charity ball. While doing so, Nolan and I sit out on the couch watching tv, waiting for them. I normally don't go to any of these gatherings; there very few that I go to. For example, this one is the only charity ball I go to that the Rills throw every year. What's the charity going to? To animals in shelters, reserves, zoos, endangered species, etc. I have a strong passion for these kinds of situations that animals are in. It's one of the many reasons I saved Rhea and Duke from the shelter. Just because it's the only one I go to doesn't mean I don't donate to the other charity balls they throw. Nolan usually goes and puts a donation down from me using my credit card. 

Looking at the watch on my wrist, it was getting late, soon the Ball will start. Getting off the couch, I head to the bedroom door and knock on it. 

"Yes?" Jennifer answers. 

"If you girls want to get there on time, we need to leave now." Telling her 

"Just a few more seconds!" Rolling my eyes, I walk away from the door. Walking to the bar, I pour myself a small drink of brandy. Nolan comes next to me, telling me he wants one too. Pouring him one and handing it to him. 

"Women, huh?" He asks 

"Yea, women." Answering back, I know what he means by it. 

Women always have to make themselves look perfect. Both of us shoot back our drinks, leaving our glasses empty. While doing so, they finally come out of the bedroom. When my eyes landed on her, they have gone wide, and my mouth is all but dropping. I probably look like a complete idiot right now. I had no words to describe how beautiful she looked.

 Deep down inside of me, A feeling I haven't felt in a long time but felt a little different related itself. I didn't want to admit this feeling I have been trying so hard to stay away from. And I still won't admit it, for I know. The moment I admit it, I won't be able to escape. Pushing down that feeling, I ignore it. 

"Well, what do you think?" Jennifer asks me while slowly spinning around.

"You look stunning," I reply to her. Stunning doesn't even cover how she looks. After complimenting her, she blushes that damn blush that I enjoy. While complimenting her, Nolan does the same for Cassidy. "Are you ladies already to go?" They both nodded their heads and said yes. "Then, shall we?" 

Holding my arm out to Jennifer, she takes it. Nolan and Cassidy head to the elevator first. Before I lead Jennifer out of the room, I hurried and kissed her. It was a short, rough, and passionate kiss. The moment I pulled my lips from away her, she blushes and looks a little stunned from my unexpected kiss. 

"What was that for? " She asks. 

"You looked so stunning tonight I had the urge to steal a kiss from you." Admitting the truth to why I did it. My answer only made her blush deepen a little more. She looked like she had lost her words. Which only made me smile inside, knowing that I had that effect on her. Taking her out of the room and locking it, we head to the elevator. 

(Present time in the Ballroom)

Jennifer tried to convince me not to take her on the dance floor. I knew she didn't know how to dance. I learned that at our wedding when my mother made me do the newly wedded couple dance. It took a lot to keep her from stumbling on her face. The reason I wanted to dance with her was not only because I wanted to dance with my wife. Simply because the day I took her on my motorcycle, and we got to know one another. I remember her telling me she wanted to learn how to dance. Now is the moment she can scratch that off the list of the things she wants.