Prologue

[Five Years Ago...]

Everything is going according to plan. Dad has been teaching me the ropes of being a CEO. Even taking some business classes in college. A year after I'm graduated his going to give me one of his companies. And once he's ready to retire, he is going to give me the rest of them. That is all the ones that he's not giving my younger brother Nathaniel.

Another huge part of this plan is my childhood best friend, Zach Montgomery. Is going to be helping me run these companies. That's not the best part I get to marry my childhood sweetheart, Lucia Tanners.

The whole thing about this plan, though, is my father made it. He's the man where he plans his children's lives. His kids have no say in any of it. It's not just my father's plan, but Zach's and Lucia's parents as well. The only real thing out of this entire plan. Are Lucia and I love for one another and Zach's friendship.

Coming home from a long night at the office with Dad. Entering Lucia and my apartment, hearing some strange sound. Following the sound of the noise, it leads closer to our bedroom. Opening the door, I couldn't believe the sight I was seeing. My best friend and fiance were fucking each other. They both looked at me in shock.

I was not too fond of the sight I was seeing. The first woman I have ever loved was fucking my best friend. My heart felt shattered and my body felt numb. The only thing I could really feel was anger and betrayal.

Ripping Lucia off of Zach and tossing her to the floor. I throw punches into his face. Lucia was screaming and begging me to stop. But I didn't want to stop. I wanted to kill the bastard. Once I was satisfied with the way his face looked, I left the room. Lucia tried to stop me from leaving and tried very hard to explain what had happened. I wouldn't even listen to her. Instead, I left and never looked back.

That all happened a little over five years ago. Now I bring a woman home every night. Sleeping with her and send her packing when we are done. It's not like what most guys do with women. I get a different woman every day of the week, not just any woman. I have made a business deal and disclosure agreement with these women. The only days I don't have a woman on is Saturdays and Sundays. 

All of them get regular check-ups for health reasons, which I pay for. They all know each other, so there is no drama between them or myself. They all get assigned one night a week and are only allowed to have sex with me. If they choose to leave, then I let them, of course. If they want more than one night together, I have to let them go. It is better this way, no strings attached, and no heartbreak. I have sworn myself to stay away from love.

That was, until I married a certain woman. That made me want to love again. I don't want to love just any woman. I only want to love her and I will do anything. To make sure she stays mine forever. She is Mine to Protect, Mine to Hold, and she is definitely Mine to Love. No one else can have her but me.