Office Business

{P.O.V. Jennifer Ross-Ryans}

I couldn't believe the words that came out of her mouth. Turning around and asking her. To repeat what she had said to me. 

"I said that you're a slut. And obviously not a very good one. If you have to come back to work for Mr. Ryans. I mean, could you not satisfy him enough in bed? That you have to earn your money by working here? Even after getting married to him?" Girl One says rudely and disrespectfully. 

"Hearing you say that shows. How low you all really are. I will not stoop down to your level of un-maturity. Instead of picking on the CEO's wife. You should look in a mirror. And criticize yourselves or even one another. Also, quit acting like we were in high school. We are not fighting over a boy that already obviously belongs to me." Walking out of the break room holding the door. I turn to look back again. "Oh, and to let you know, you have a little something right here." 

Pointing towards my face, pretending to show she has food on her face. She grabs a napkin and tries wiping it off her face. Leaving the break room. I let out a deep breath. I feel like I'm going to fall on my face after doing that. It hurt to know what some thought of me. But they're not completely wrong. Taking a deep breath, trying hard not to let a tear slip. Getting back up to the top floor. I sit down at my desk. Slouching in my chair with my head leaning back. Looking at the ceiling. 

"You alright?" Kendrick asks. Sitting up straight from him, startling me. He was leaning on the desk. 

"Yea, I'm fine," Trying to lie, but the truth is I'm not. He had a look on his face like he didn't believe me. 

"I thought you were mad at me?" Trying to change the subject. 

"I was never mad at you. Quit trying to change the subject. Whats wrong?" He crosses his arms across his chest. While taking a seat on top of my desk.

"It's nothing, really.." 

"Jennifer." He says my name like it's a warning. His not going to stop hounding me until I tell him. 

"Fine, a couple of girls in the break room. Was saying mean things about me, that's all."

"And?" 

"And?... I might have told them off." He said nothing. He just had a serious look on his face, like normal. It was making me feel like I was in trouble. "Are you mad at me?" 

"Why would I be mad at you for defending yourself? As for the girls in the break room. They need to learn to have respect for my wife." 

"What do you plan on doing?" He smiles and gets off my desk. 

"Clear the rest of the schedule for today. I want to take you somewhere." He demands and then walks to his office.  

"Kendrick! what do you plan on doing!?" He closes his office door. Slouching back into my chair and sighing deeply with frustration.  

After clearing the rest of today's schedule. I knock on Kendrick's office door and walk-in. He was on the office phone. Taking a seat on his desk next to him. He finishes up his phone call. 

"Tell Mr. Rills that I will be there... Alright, I will see you all then." He hangs up the phone and leans back in his chair. "Did you clear the rest of the schedule?"

"Yes, who was that?" Nodding my head towards the phone. He scoots his chair between my legs. Putting an arm on each side of my thighs. Placing his hands on my lower back. And scoots me closer to him. With our eyes staring into one another's. 

"That was Mr. Rill's secretary." He answers my question. 

"Is he that one guy that throws those amazing charity balls? That you go to every year?" Excitement bubbling in my voice.