The Wedding

{P.O.V. Jennifer Ross}

I can't believe what he says to me. The two years I have worked and known this man. Not once has he apologized to me. Earlier with his mother, and now. Is the most I have ever heard him use that word. It shocked me he said that word to me again. So much that I had to ask him again what he said.

"I'm sorry, please repeat that to me." Asking politely and a little sarcastically.

"I apologize for leaving you alone with my family." He repeats himself, sounding a little irritated. I guess I didn't hear things. I heard him apologize to me. Didn't even know what to say from being so surprised. It must have irritated him some more. With me not answering and just staring at him. "I don't get used to me apologizing, alright?"

"Alright.." Snapping myself back into reality and looking out the window.

"From being absent earlier today. How can I make it up to you?" He asks, while my stomach growls. I can feel my whole face going red from the embarrassment. "Are you hungry?"

"Well, considering it is the time that most people eat, yes, I'm hungry." Replying with a little sarcasm. Thank goodness he can't see my face right now. It is still red.

"How about I take you out and to make it up to you? I will let you order whatever you want."

"That depends on where you plan on taking me?"

"I plan on taking you to a restaurant."

"A fancy one?"

"Yes.." I could take advantage of this. It's rare I get to go out to eat. I have never eaten at a real fancy restaurant. The kind of restaurant a man like Kendrick would eat from.

"You will order whatever I want? No matter how expensive it is?"

"Yes..." He says calm but sternly.

"Alright, it's a deal." My stomach growls again. I hope it's not far. I don't know how much more I can take. From my face turning red with embarrassment from my stomach growling.

I have to admit that this restaurant was indeed fancy. The fancy where I shouldn't be wearing jeans and a t-shirt. It made me feel ridiculous to go inside dressed this way. But somehow, I still ended up in the restaurant. Kendrick is dressed in jeans and a t-shirt as well. I wonder how he can come here dressed like that and not feel ridiculous? We ended sitting at a table for two. 

The food here was amazing. So amazing that I couldn't help but stuff myself. The way I would at thanksgiving. Everything I order wasn't cheap either, I made sure of it. After all, it was his way of apologizing to me. Normally, I wouldn't have accepted money being spent on me. But I couldn't resist saying yes where I was hungry.

After dinner, Kendrick took me home. My sweet dear friend Cass waited up for me. To bomb me with a bunch of questions. After answering her questions about what happened today. I retired into my bedroom for the rest of the night.

As the week went by and it went by fast, it got crazy. With getting all my stuff ready to move by Friday. Getting ready for the wedding by Saturday. From dress shopping, nail appointments, hair appointments, etc. Things that a normal woman would do for their wedding day. Also, during this week, Kendrick's arrogant attitude, as usual, never changed. It only got worse threw out the week. With his mom making an enormous deal about the wedding.

He even told me I didn't have to go through the whole wedding thing. Where we weren't exactly a romantic couple. I told him, even though we're not a romantic couple. It meant a lot to his mom, and I would not ruin it for her. Especially considering it was her firstborn, first wedding. Not just that she has worked hard to make this perfect. He just rolled his eyes at me and had something rude to say about it.

Now today is the day I officially give myself. To the Man that I call the Devil. Inside of a nice hotel bridal room. Looking at myself in a body mirror. Admiring the wedding dress I choose. It was puffy and had some ruffles on it. On the top part, it was tight and showed off my body. Made my breast look bigger than they are. 

It also had red diamonds and a silver design. Going along the very top of my dress. There was also a beautiful red silk sash around my waist. My makeup is done lightly with my lips painted a rose red. I was wearing some very expensive white and red diamond jewelry. My hair was up in a fancy bun. With red roses and white lilies around the bun. There was also a tiara holding my veil in place.

I only had one bridesmaid, and it was Cass. She was wearing a beautifully tight and sleeveless red dress. With her hair up in a bun and white roses around hers. With some cute black and white heels.

"I am thinking I am mentally insane for doing this." My mind racing with second thoughts. Look at Cass from the mirror. She was sitting in a chair, drinking a glass of white wine.

"You are mentally insane for doing this," Cass says jokingly.

"Jeez, thanks, Cass. I'm having second thoughts about this already. And that doesn't exactly comfort me." And to think she was the one to encourage me to do this.

"I was teasing you, you need to relax, Jenna. There is nothing to have second thoughts about. Think of this as the beginning of a fairy-tale. Kind of like Beauty and the Beast, a messed up version. Where you're the beauty and your arrogant ex-boss is the beast." She tries to reassure me.

"Once again, that didn't comfort me." There was a knock on the door. Giving the person permission to come in, they enter.

"Oh my goodness, you look stunning, Jennifer. My son would be an idiot. If he didn't make this marriage work." Liz gushes with her hands on her face. Smiling back at her, she wipes the tears from her eyes. "Enough of my gushing. Are you ready?"

"Yes, of course." Liz, Cass, and I leave the bridal room.

[P.O.V. Kendrick Ryans]

Threw out the week, my little brother Nate. Found out about Jennifer and my contract. Nathaniel and I have always been close and know each other well. It didn't surprise me he found out about the contract. When he confronted me about it. The conversation we had didn't end too well.

I had to deal with my mother. Making a vast deal out of this wedding throughout the week. If it were up to me, Jennifer and I would just be eloping. After all, we are not an official romantic couple. Just sexual business partners. I even told Jennifer that, but she insisted we do the wedding. I am now standing in a fancy hotel ballroom at the altar. Waiting for Jennifer and me to make the contract even more official.

My mother went over the top with this wedding thing. I tried to talk her out of this, but once my mother decides. It is hard to make her rethink her decision. She made the wedding an old classic romance theme. From red roses and the classic white and black. With a little of silver. 

Fancy lights were everywhere. Along with fancy tables and chairs. The Ballroom was filled with some family and friends. And by friends, I mean most of them being my mother's and father's friends. Also, a few occasional business associates. That Ryans Corporate trying to make contracts with. Also, some are from contacts we already made. 

I told Dad to leave work at work. But he insists we invite them. He said it would be good for them to come. To see and realize that I'm not an irresponsible bachelor. That I'm more of a serious and responsible family man. After all, most people in business respect family men. Over single men. It took everything in me not to argue with him about it.

Just when I thought it was going to take even longer. The music starting playing. Letting everyone know the bride was coming. First, her best friend came down the aisle with my best friend, Nolan. Then, after that, Jennifer appeared. And I am utterly speechless. Miss Ross has always been an attractive woman. 

But she was stunningly gorgeous right at this moment. I couldn't believe that this woman. Was going to become my wife and sexual business partner. Now I know for a fact this woman has defiantly bewitched me. Nolan takes his place next to me. Leans over towards where I could hear him.

"Rather, you fall in love or not. You will be a complete fool if you don't make this marriage work." Nolan whispers to where only I could hear.

*Please leave comments and thoughts about the story so far. I will update soon.*