Friend Or Foe?

{P.O.V. Jennifer Ross-Ryans} 

Two weeks have already gone by in a flash. During those weeks, Kendrick has been working a lot. Because of how busy he is. It seems like I'm invisible to him or something. It isn't the greatest feeling in the world to feel this way. I actually really miss him for some strange reason. To keep me busy while he is at work. I have been shopping and visiting with Cass. I have also been sneaking into that room. Filled with all those instruments. Watching those videos that are labeled Band Practice.

Watching the first one, I thought maybe the music would be all preppy like. Instead, to my surprise, it was Rock. I would never guess that Kendrick would be in that kind of music. The best part of watching the videos was. Kendrick used to be the drummer of the band. Not only the drums, but he can also play the guitar, and he could play the violin. 

When I say violin, I don't mean classical boring music. I mean Hardcore Rock. The way he played was amazing. Another person in the band was Nolan. He played the guitar. A guy named Porter Jenkins played bass guitar. The singer of the group was a guy named Zach Montgomery.

The moment I heard Zach's name. I remember how the media made a big deal. It was in the newspapers, online, and anyway it could get out. The entire world got to know about. Kendricks' and Zach's friendship, turning them into enemies. The news came out five years ago. Now it's old news, but it's still a vast deal for some.

 I know about it because I worked for Kendrick. It was my job to know who the company's enemy was. I wonder what happened between them? Even when the news came out five years ago. Nobody really knew why the two best friends separated.

Finishing up some french fries. I continue my shopping at the mall. I'm looking for a dress to wear to the charity ball. Which is in two months. Kendrick said he could have a professional do my dress. Then I told him I wanted to choose it. 

So here I am at the mall looking. To be honest, I do not know what I'm looking for. Now I'm reconsidering Kendrick's offer for a professional. Walking into this beautiful boutique store. Looking at some clothes. Picking out a beautiful short and sleeveless dark blue dress.

"That dress would look amazing on you." A woman compliments. Looking at her, it was the same woman Kendrick was fighting with. Something about her is making my gut scream to stay away from her. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you."

"No worries, I'm fine." Telling her nicely back.

"I'm Lucia Tanners" She holds her hand out while introducing herself.

"Jennifer Ryans." Shaking her hand while introducing myself.

"Your not Kendrick's new bride, are you?"

"Yes, I am." How does she know Kendrick?

"I'm an old friend of his."

"He has never mentioned you."

"Well, that Kendrick for you. His not very talkative when it comes talking about himself." She got that right. "Are you shopping here alone?"

"Yes.." Why is she asking me this?

"You can shop with the girls and me. We can help and give you some good, and bad pointers on the clothes you pick."

"As fun as that would be, I don't want to intrude."

"Nonsense, you're not intruding. The other girls will be thrilled." Putting her arm around my shoulder. She guides me to the other girls. They were sitting in front of a fitting room gossiping.

"Girls, this is Jennifer Ryans, Kendrick's new bride." Lucia introduces me. "Jennifer, this is Camila, Donna, and Lacey." Camila has raven hair, Donna has light brown hair, and Lacey has dark brown hair. "Jennifer was looking at this dark blue dress. Don't you think this would look amazing on her?"