Backstory

Y/n woke up in a bed, her bed. A sick feeling consumed her stomach as she thought about what she was going to have to witness today. She looked over at her calendar, today was Friday and tomorrow was Saturday, the day her parents picked to be the deadline. If she didn't decide by tomorrow, then she would be put on the streets. She quickly got dressed in her school uniform at 6 a.m. to try to leave the house before her parents noticed she was gone. She walked to the kitchen where she found her parents, waiting for her to come.

"You figure it out yet?" Her father said, staring her dead in the eyes with disappointment.
"N-No, not yet. S-Sorry."
"Today's your last day if you didn't know." She shakily nodded her head and quickly left the door, feeling her parents stare from behind her.

The day at school was boring, as usual, the dread of coming home was larger than it had ever been before. She had considered running away from home, but what would that do to help her? That was exactly what was going to happen if she did go back.
"Hey, you look down today, what's wrong?" Junko asked
"My parents are making me choose a talent so I can go to Hope's Peak, but I don't know what to choose. So far, everything I've tried hasn't been the right talent for me. If I don't choose a talent by tomorrow, I get kicked out of the house. Do you have any ideas about what I should choose?" Junko thought long and hard about this. Then a big, long smile appeared on her face.

"You should be the Ultimate Hypnosis." She whispered.
"Hypnosis? Why?"
"I can't tell you, all I can say is that it'll be a good talent for you."
"How do I even become a hypnosis?"
"I don't know, but this is your last option so you better choose it."
"Yeah...I guess you're right, I'll tell my parents I want to become a hypnosis." Y/n slouched away from Junko and walked home.

Once again, her parents were standing by the front door, waiting for her. When y/n opened the door, she was startled by them.
"Did you pick yet?" Her parents said in sync.
"Yes, I did. I am going to become the Ultimate Hypnosis." Her parents stared at her for a few more seconds, then stared at each other, then back to y/n.
"Very well, you can become the Ultimate Hypnosis. You'll start practicing tomorrow." Then they walked away. Y/n let out a big sigh and slumped down against the wall.
"Thank God..." She mumbled to herself. Eventually, she got her confidence to move back up and she went back to her room.

Over the next few years, up until her second year at middle school, y/n mixed teaching herself hypnosis and get taught hypnosis by a boy named Ryota Mitarai. He learned hypnosis to put in his anime he was making.
"Hey Ryota, whatcha teaching me today?"
"Uh, good news, I taught you everything I know. I don't know if that's enough to be scouted out by Hope's Peak but it's something." Ryota worried.
"I'm sure it's enough. And if it isn't then I'm fucked! I'm sure there are still a few more things to learn so I'll work on that myself. In the meantime, I'll make myself known to the public so I have a better chance at Hope's Peak acknowledging me. Thanks again Ryota."
"No problem! I hope we get to see each other again soon."
"You're the same age as me, so if I get accepted, then we'll be in the same class!" Y/n beamed. She thought Ryota was a pretty cool person if you can get behind all of his love for anime. And just like that, y/n graduated.

She went on to do exactly what she told Ryota she would do. She opened up a small business that focused on doing stuff relating to hypnotism, and the business was a big success. Eventually, she was scouted out by Hope's Peak Academy and would be going there the next year.

"I'm so glad you got accepted, sweetie! And you made all this money for the family while you were at it! Now, I can't wait to send you off." Her mother boasted
"I'm not leaving, I'm still gonna sleep here. There aren't any dormitories."
"Then it looks like we're going to have to take a trip around the world to get away from you." Y/n's mom rolled her eyes. And that was the last time she saw her parents, the only times she ever saw their faces was through FaceTime.

That's everything important that's happened in my life up until now. I got into Hope's Peak as you know, and lived a pretty happy life. How naive of me...