Heartbreak

I finally regained my balance but Chiaki was still helping me just in case. We left without Izuru but he quickly caught up to us. The line here was even shorter because there were more places to sit. There was a giant raff that could hold five people each, there were four of them. The river that we were going to ride on was red and I could see many jungle-themed decorations. We all got on our own raff and it went down the river. I was sitting next to Chiaki, having a great time but sadly also next to Izuru, who was a buzz kill. She kept on talking to me about how much this ride would have cost and asking me how much it cost me to pay for it.
"Why do you need to know that?" I said as we went under a giant mouth of what seemed to be some ancient creature. "Because this must be a fortune! And this isn't even the most expensive ride!" I rolled my eyes at her and looked at the scenery around me. There were some actors pretending to be native islanders and some (hopefully) trained black panthers sometimes trying to claw at our boat. I saw a few alligators also trying to snap at us, but they were also (probably) trained. There were gold coins scattered in the lake which I was told if we collect enough we would get some sort of prize. Chiaki was busy collecting them but I didn't really care.

We turned the corner and went up this big golden pyramid called the El Dorado. I didn't know what it meant or why they named it that, but people were standing around it doing some sort of ritual and on the top was a shaman for some reason. The ride was pretty boring, but definitely a sight to see.
"Maybe I shouldn't have picked this ride..." I sighed as we went up the pyramid. "Maybe not." Izuru sighed back.
"I wish you were more into this. I mean, what Chiaki said was right, this cost me a fortune! I'm burning all my money for you!" The anger inside me rose up.

"Y/n, I really want to smile for you but I want to do this fairly. Just remember to not give up, okay?" What is this? Izuru? Give Lil ol me motivation? He put me in his arms (some could call it a hug) and kissed me on my cheek. I started turning red and hoped Chiaki didn't see it. I looked over just to make sure, but we finally stopped going up the pyramid and it dropped us down at a high speed. I got flashbacks of the roller coaster and clung onto Chiaki's arm this time. She giggled and she hugged me back, closing her eyes and warming me up with her body. Part of me wanted to push her off, but the other part didn't mind it and didn't want to be a bother to her, so I let her continue to hug me.

Another alligator snapped at us and Chiaki finally got off me to collect the coins again. We turned the corner again and I leaned on Izuru's side, once again unamused. There were also these three semi-big statues that also looked like some ancient creature that shot fire at us. It scared the shit out of Chiaki when she was grabbing coins and out of the top of her sight saw fire. She made an "eek!" sound and jumped back onto the boat clinging onto me. This time, I was the one laughing at her, but she laughed along with me until we passed under some golden scythes that swayed back and forth that almost "killed her". We were all laughing except for Izuru who was completely unamused.

Chiaki was still holding onto me either out of fear that there would be another scare or just because she really wanted to hold me. Chiaki had been holding me a lot today but I couldn't understand why. I'm not really the type of person who someone would want to be held by, so why was Chiaki acting like this?
"Hey look, they have a taco stand here." On the land, there was just a random taco stand with enough tacos for everyone riding. I grabbed three of them and handed them out, Izuru initially rejected them but I forced him to eat it. We made our way around the entire ride and would only go around one more time. I went back to holding Izuru's arm just because I wanted to and he didn't seem to mind it. I was getting kind of tired from being out in the sun for so long and planned on going on one more ride before taking them home, it was getting late anyway and the park would close soon. Chiaki grumbled a bit while closing her eyes. I chuckled. "You can't fall asleep yet, I need to hold onto you when we got down the pyramid again." She blushed.
"You'd pick me over Izuru to hold onto?"
"Normally, I'd probably pick Izuru, but I'm kinda mad at him now so it's gonna have to be you." She looked sad. I didn't mean to hurt her feelings, I had no idea she cared too much.

"I'm sorry! Do you really want me to hold your arm so bad?" She nodded slowly I was already holding her so there wasn't much else I could do. "I plan on going on the Valley of Terror next so I'll be holding your arm a lot, okay?" She had a smile on her face again. God, I just love it when she smiles, it makes me feel warm inside. If Izuru smiled for me, I would feel even warmer though.

We got out of raff and the man operating it winked at me. I realized Chiaki was still holding my arm. "It's not what you think!" I cried, desperate to get that idea out of his head.
"It does look like you're together though," Izuru says, adding on to the embarrassment. I'm not too surprised because I know there's still Hajime inside of him and he would definitely make fun of me about this forever. "You guys suck! I don't think of her that way!" Chiaki slowly let go of my arms and started walking on her own. "Wait, you can still hold my arm, I'm not mad at you." She shakes her head. "No, I don't want anyone else to embarrass you." I feel horrible, I said before I loved her smile so much, I really wish it would never disappear. But I got over it quickly, I start walking closer to Izuru until I'm basically leaning on him.

We all got in a cart. There was only room for two people in the front so me and Izuru sat there while Chiaki was in the back. At first glance, the ride didn't seem too scary. Sure, there were a few actors playing different monsters and a few places we go in the dark, but it wasn't what I would consider "scary". The ride started creaking as we moved and I almost thought it was unintentional. We first passed through an eerie forest, but the only thing eerie about it was there was haunting music, crows, and fog. There was a gravedigger digging graves and a few tombstones behind him. I shot him a thumbs up to be cocky, but he gave me back a displeased look. There were also a few zombies walking around and a neon green ghost wandering around that seriously impressed me. The CGI on that thing was really extraordinary. I understood what Izuru was feeling at that moment, I was very bored but appreciated the scenery. We went into a cave that went underground. It was completely dark and silent, probably the scariest thing on the ride. I held Izuru's hand the whole time until we got back to the surface. When we did, there was more CGI of hands trying to catch us. Once again, I was seriously impressed. There was this tree that had a face on it that made me laugh instead of scream. I don't know what the people here expected me to do. The ride was for my age demographic, but I'm glad to see they could scare all the little kids. There were a few more actors like a werewolf, Frankenstein, and a vampire walking around desperately trying to scare us. I wasn't alone in not being scare because everyone riding with us had a straight face. As we were finally nearing the end of the ride, we went into I gigantic black and red castle, there were people impaled in the outside which was a little bit creepy to see the gore but nothing revolutionary scary. I knew there would be many jumpscares and I was prepared for all of them. Unlike Chiaki, I predicted where everyone would be, but she was scared by all of them.

We got off, miserable and it really sucked I spent all that money on something that didn't make me happy. I was responsible for driving us home and I thought a bit while I was in the car. We were driving in silence and it came to me that this was probably the last chance I got to make him smile. There wouldn't be a "next time" but I still had so many ideas! I wanted to learn how to tango with him at a tango class. I wanted to go to a water park with him and see him shirtless. I wanted to save him from the reality that he told me himself that he hated! But I had one more hope. If I could get a dream tonight, I could avoid the last resort I planned. I really, really didn't want to do it, but if I didn't dream of a different reality, I would know I didn't do anything to save myself and Izuru. He just have sawed how frustrated I looked and kissed me on the cheek again. This time, I didn't blush.

"Today's June 29th. You still have one more day to make me smile. Don't give up hope, even though it's impossible to do it." I sighed then went back to putting my full attention on driving. I knew he was right and I hated it. Everyone I know would be dead or killed soon if I didn't do anything and I couldn't stand here and do nothing.