Carousel

For the past few days, I've been living with Izuru. I would love to go back home and not have some depressed emo watch over me with his beating red eyes 24/7, but that wasn't an option right now.
"Wow, this is really boring. Is this all you do all day?"
"Are you starting to understand why I'm so bored all the time?"
"Totally! How could anyone live like this?" He looked down to the ground.
"What normal people do when they're alone is have small talk. Do you want to try it?"
"Y/n, I know how to do that. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to get to know you more." I had no idea where I wanted to start. He's so bored that his personality became boring. I bet he used to be such an interesting person before he became this freak.

"Have you ever been happy?" I finally asked.
"No."
"Gee, you talk a lot. Have you ever wanted to be happy?"
"This is getting boring-"
"Just answer the question!" I cut him off.
"Of course I want to be happy. I don't expect you to understand what it's like."
"Hey, I may not understand what it's like, but that doesn't mean I can't help!" I bubbled.
"Help? What can you help me with?"
"Help you with being happy. Here's a proposition: if I can get you to smile without anything to do with despair, then you have to go into my side, kay?" I thought about it for a bit, then rolled his eyes.
"Fine, if you can make me smile, I will not go to Junko's side."
"Yaaay!" I squealed "operation: Smile commences!" I went up to Izuru and gave him a hug. He immediately pushed me off.

"Don't do that ever again, or I will kill you."
"Aw, I thought I could make you smile by hugging you." I didn't know it at the time, but I had fallen in love with Izuru that day. I had bought my tickets to the carnival, but Izuru didn't buy his...yet...