Chapter 19: Christmas Eve Part 1

Melanie

I quickly throw on my red plaid skirt and white turtle neck, finishing my look with my black ankle knee-high boots. I rush downstairs to answer the door, hearing someone knock a few different times. Neither of my parents are home right now, so I had to hurry getting ready so the person won't have to be standing there for a while in the cold.

I open the door, expecting possibly a delivery man or a neighbour to be there, but instead I see Amber.

"Oh, hi, come in," I say, opening the door a bit wider so she can come inside. She takes off her coat, and I put it in the closet for her.

"Why are you here?" I ask, leading her into the living room. I now realize that she's carrying a small gift box.

We sit down beside each other on the couch.

"I came to give you this-" she begins.

"Wait, I have something for you too, let me go get it from my room." She nods, and I hurriedly go back to my room to get her the bomber jacket I bought for her. I had put it into a white, sparkly gift bag with a green bow tying the handles together.

I walk back to the living room, a large grin on my face.

"Open mine first!" I say happily, practically shoving the present in her face. She laughs quietly.

"Sure." She unties the ribbon, and pulls out the royal blue material. Her face brightens.

"This is so nice, thank you so much," she says, hugging me then giving me a peck on the lips.

"I hope you like it," I say, resting my hand on her thigh gently.

"I do, I really like it!" She exclaims, "Now it's my turn to give you my gift." She hands me the small red box that has a white ribbon around it.

"Wait, before you open it I want to say something." I stop, letting the half-untied ribbon fall onto my lap.

"I really wanted to be corny and make this big huge speech, but I have no idea what to say. So just open the present." I nod, undoing the rest of the ribbon, taking off the top of the box, and seeing a gold necklace with the initial 'm' on it. I grin from ear to ear, taking the fragile chain from the black velvet material.

"This is beautiful, I love it! Thank you so much!" I push my lips onto hers, setting the necklace back into it's box and wrapping my arms around her neck. I'm about to kiss her more when she pulls away. I give her a look of confusion.

"I have something else," she says.

"Okay, what is it?" I ask, completely and utterly confused. She takes my hands off from around her neck and takes both of my hands in hers, squeezing them gently.

"We've been going on a lot of dates, and I really like you," she begins, "You make me feel happier than I ever thought I could be. So, when you turn 18 in two and a half weeks, will you be my girlfriend?"

My mouth opens in shock. "Yes! Yes! Yes!" I jump into her arms, hugging her tightly. I freeze.

"But why do we have to wait till I turn 18?" I ask, pulling away from her.

"Well, as much as I want to be with you right now, I don't feel like breaking the law to do it. So, until January first, I don't think we should do anything together. But we can still hang out and stuff, just nothing...you know...sexual."

"Ugh," I sigh, "Stupid two year age gap! Fine, we'll wait till my birthday! But one day later and I'm out!" She laughs loudly.

"I didn't realize you were so sassy," she states slyly. I roll my eyes, but rest my head on her shoulder anyway. 

————————————————————————————————————————————————
A/N:

Comment who your favourite character is so far!! I really wanna know who they!!

I'll share my favourite in my next post!! Stay tuned!!