Chapter 8: First Kiss

Hawk

I walk through the small parking lot of the diner. My hair blowing in the cold November breeze. I stop dead in my tracks when I see Jayden standing beside the doorway. I'm about to walk over to him, but then he sits down on the ground. I'm a bit confused, so I just watch him. After a few moments I see him put out his cigarette, then stand up.

I walk over to where he is. "You know, you really shouldn't smoke." He just stares at me, although I can see a slight glare in his eyes. I stand beside him, the smell of the smoke still in the air.

"Oh, yeah? What's it to you? Do you care about my well-being?" He asks, although it's evident that he's mocking me with the last question. I cross my arms over my chest.

"No, just don't like the smell. And besides, this is a family restaurant. You could be a little bit more respectful." He laughs at this.

"Whatever. If all you wanted to do was criticize me, then you can leave now." I raise an eyebrow and put all of my wait onto my right leg, leaning to the right more so that I seem more intimidating, or maybe seductive is the right word.

"Does it bother you that I'm here?" I suggest.

"Yes, for once it actually does," he scoffs, then starts to walk away, but I grab his forearm.

"For once?" I question, firmly holding onto his arm so that he won't go. Jayden struggles for a few seconds in my grip, but quickly forfeits.

"It means that you weren't always annoying to me, but now that's all you are." My seductiveness is quickly shattered and replaced with rage. Who does this guy think he is? I mean he's the one acting like a total dick right now. All I did was tell him to stop smoking so that he won't die when he's 30. And he thinks that it's okay to call me annoying? Well if that's what he thinks, then I'm going to get a hell of a lot more annoying.

Though suddenly I can't speak. All of these rude things that I want to say aren't coming out of my mouth. I clear my throat slightly, but still nothing. I let go of Jayden, allowing him to leave if he wants, but he doesn't go right away.

"Okay, maybe it's not fair to call you annoying. But please, just leave me alone."

"But-," I try but get caught off.

"I know that you're rich and famous, and that just makes me feel...I don't really know, but I don't like this feeling. So, I'm going now," he explains, then turns around and begins walking, although it's quite slow.

"Wait!" I call to him, and to my surprise he actually listens. "I'm sorry I've been kind of forcing myself around you. I understand if that can be annoying, so if you want me to stop, just say so."

Jayden doesn't say anything. He just stands there staring at me. I stare into his deep blue eyes, the colour of the ocean at night. His face is beautiful, not handsome, but beautiful. His lips look luscious and soft. His jawline is chiseled. And his light brown hair on his forehead from under his hat makes him look like a painting.

I catch my gaze falling to his lips, so I quickly avert my eyes and look down a the ground, embarrassed. I look down at my outfit. I'm wearing my black combat boots, a pair of dark wash blue skinny jeans, a grey over-sized hoodie, a black turtle neck underneath it, and a fanny pack across my chest.

I see a pair of black Converse in my sight line, and look up to see Jayden much, much closer to me than before. He looks deeply into my eyes, inching his body forwards. I look up slightly to stare back into his eyes. He's a bit taller than me, only about three inches though.

Jayden then gently lifts my chin higher up with his soft, warm hand. I lean into the warmth of his body, but still not touching him. He them slowly leans down, into my lips. The feeling of his lips on mine is immaculate. They're soft, and warm, and just so...perfect. I kiss him back, tasting smoke from his cigarette not long ago, but I don't mind. I lightly wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him closer, making him hum softly.

When we pull apart we're both out of air. And we both don't know what to say, or what to do. I can feel my cheeks heating up from the moment before, and my entire body becoming less stiff. Jayden lets go of me, a look of surprise of his face. I'm confused.

"Jayden?" I ask, taking a small step towards him, but he backs away.

"Sorry, that was a mistake. I have to go." And with that he runs away, leaving me standing there in complete conflict. Half of me wants to kiss him again and run after him. But the other half is very confused by all of this, and is even a little bit hurt.

I clear all of the thoughts and questions from my head, and decide to just go home.