Chapter 59: Nica

Melanie

Saying I'm depressed is an understatement. Not only do I miss the girl who I broke up with, but I kind of actually wish I hadn't ended it -so soon at least. I could have waited longer, but that would've just made it harder on the both of us.

I've spent the majority of the time since the break up in my room, binging TV, and stuffing my face with junk food. I know that that's super cliche, but I'm sad, okay? Sometimes all you need is a good show and a bucket of ice cream.

I sigh, setting my phone down on my chest, staring up at the white ceiling of my room. This fucking sucks. I wish I would just get over this, or at least be able to hang out with my friends. Right, my friends. I've been kind of neglecting them since the... break up. I can tolerate Hawk's presence -even though he's currently in LA- but Mason is a whole different story. I never realized how similar Amber and him were, but they're strikingly similar. Not just looks either, they both have this slight sarcasm to them. Which I completely and utterly miss about Amber.

I miss her warm arms wrapped around me. I miss the smell of her perfume. God, I'm a mess.

I sit up, sighing again. Instead of rotting in here, I may as well go outside.

I make my way to my closet, since I haven't gotten dressed yet. And it's past noon. I grab a pair of blue, wide-leg jeans, a white crop top, a black cropped zip-up hoodie, and my Blundstones.

I throw on the clothes, put my hair into a make-shift bun, put my phone in my pocket, and walk downstairs. Even though it's the weekend, my parents are gone doing who knows what. Julian left a few days ago, so it's been even worse without him around.

Oh, I also haven't told anyone about Amber and I yet, and I doubt I will for a while. If I try to talk about it now I'll only burst into tears, and with the amount of mascara I wear, it's gonna get real ugly real fast.

I slide my Blundstones on, grab the keys to my car from the table in the entrance-way, and step outside. It's getting warmer now, but it's definitely not T-shirt weather yet... sadly.

I lock the door behind me, and walk over to my car, sliding into the drivers seat, then turn on the ignition.

I don't have an exact plan of where I'm going, just to the mall I guess. I may have a broken heart, but my credit card still functions perfectly.

I know I shouldn't be splurging just 'cause I no longer have a girlfriend. But, that thought doesn't seem to stop me.

Without even realizing it, I'm pulling into the mall parking lot, and eyeing the various store signs displayed on the white building.

I slide the strap of my purse over my shoulder, and make my way to the front doors of the large mall. I quickly notice the American Eagle to my right, so I gladly step inside.

I begin sifting through the racks upon racks of jeans, looking for something unique to add to my wardrobe.

"Hey, Melanie," a voice to my left says. "I haven't seen you in a long time." I turn my head to find the familiar face.

"Bianca, I hardly recognize you," I reply, the statement being one hundred percent true. I really don't recognize her. We went to school together for years until she transferred when we were halfway through grade nine.

Now she has long, black hair with blonde tips that's braided. Her style has definitely changed. The last time I saw her, she was sporting pink almost all the time. But, now she's wearing a pair of black skinny jeans that hug her figure, and a white, cropped turtle neck with silver chain accessories. Not to mention her Air Force 1 shoes.