Chapter 12: Christmas Shopping

Melanie

I throw on a pair of light wash ripped jeans, a black knit sweater, a pair of high heeled ankle boots, and my grey winter coat. I grab my phone off of my bed, stuffing it into my pocket, and walk downstairs.

It's been a few days since Mason and I made up. He was so relieved when I did, and honestly so was I. Today we, including Hawk, have decided to go to the mall to go Christmas present shopping.

And since we all have secret Santa gifts to buy, we figured we'd go get them together (none of us got each other). I know it's probably bad that we told each other who we have, but it's fine.

"Mom, I'll be back at dinner," I call from the doorway of the house.

"Okay, honey. Have fun!" She replies from the living room. I quickly get my purse from my room (I'm kind of scatter brained today) and walk down the driveway to my car. I open the door of the sleek white car, sitting in the drivers seat and pressing the ignition button.

I pull out of the driveway, and turn towards Hawk's house. We had agreed that I would drive, since I'm the best driver, so I'm on my way to pick up the other two.

I reach Hawk's house, beeping the horn twice to let him know I'm outside. He smiles at me as he walks out the door and to the car. He opens the passenger side door, and sits down.

"Ready to spend some major cash?" I ask excitedly. Yes, I'm kind of the typical girl who loves to shop, but I don't care. Also, you can't judge me since I love to shop for other people, not myself.

"I guess so," he replies, buckling his seat belt. I laugh at this, beginning to drive to Mason's house. Mason lives a bit further away from me than Hawk does.

We eventually reach his house, and I can't help but laugh when I see his family through their windows. Mason's family can be kind of...hectic sometimes.

"Carter! Give me my fucking wallet!" I hear him yell from inside. I look over to Hawk who snickers. We see him rip a small black thing (presumably the wallet) from his brother's hand. He walks out the door, rolling his eyes.

"Thank god you two are kidnapping me today, I don't think I could take how Carter's acting right now. He just being so...bitchy? I don't know," he explains, sitting in the backseat.

"You're very much welcome," I say happily, driving downtown to the mall.

I'm able to find a decent enough parking spot in the middle. We all hop out of the car, and walk to the entrance.

"So, where are we going first?" I ask, unzipping my coat.

"I'm not sure," Hawk says, "I got Bryan Lyeone. His paper said that he likes sports. So a sports store?"

"That is way out of your element," Mason chuckles.

"Oh, we can go to SportChek!" I exclaim. Mason nods, and Hawk just groans in response.

After about half an hour of looking around the store, Hawk decides on getting an UnderArmour water bottle. We're now going to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory store for my secret Santa. I got this girl, Ella May who said that she loves chocolate. So I figure what better thing to get her than some of the best chocolate.

I buy a few different assorted chocolate bags for her. We also go to the Lindt store to buy a lot more chocolate. And since we're in the Lindt store, I buy some Lindts for myself.

The only person left now is Mason's. He said it was a girl, Amelia Aone. Her paper said that she likes anime, so we go to Hot Topic. Mason picks out two different Funko pops for her.

We sit down in the large open area with a few water features around it.

"Who knew shopping could be so tiresome?" Mason complains, plopping his bag down onto the ground. Hawk smirks at him.

"If you guys don't mind, I need to buy some other gifts. You two can stay here if you want, I shouldn't be long," I explain to them, standing up from the seat.

"Go ahead, we'll be here," Hawk says. I nod to them, walking away from the sitting area.

I had planned all along to buy a gift for Amber, but since Mason's here I don't want him to question who it's for. Even though Amber and I aren't official yet, I still want to get her something.

I walk into a clothes store, looking around for something she'd like. Amber dresses much more casually than I do, but it suits her.

I skim through a few racks until I find a royal blue bomber jacket. I pick it up, admiring it. I picture Amber wearing this with a white turtle neck and a pair of black jeans. I smile at my find, and go to the cashier. I pay for the jacket, and leave the store.

Originally I wasn't going to buy gifts for Hawk and Mason, but I really wanna, so I'm going to. I walk into a men's clothes store. I find a pair of red plaid pyjama pants. I choose to buy those for Mason.

I stroll around the mall a bit more until I see a pair of earrings that Hawk would love. They're matching Swarovski crystal studs, but one side has an attached chain and a crystal stud for a cartilage piercing. Since Hawk got his cartilage pierced last year and hasn't changed the earring yet, I figure that it would be perfect.

I walk back to the sitting area where I find Mason and Hawk sitting on the same bench as when I left. Although now they're on their phones.

"Found some more things did ya?" Mason questions, eyeing the three different bags.

"Yeah, just some things for some people," I say slyly, knowing that since Mason is a curious little bitch that he will try to know who they're for.

"Why do you do this to me Melanie?" He asks, half groaning and half whining. I laugh, sitting down beside him, resting my head on his shoulder.