Chapter 39: Last Resort

Jayden

"You're going," Hawk states, raising his eyebrows at me. I groan, tossing a pillow over my head. 

"It's almost noon, you can't stay in here all day." I partially lift the pillow off of my face. 

"I can, and I will," I say, then put the pillow back, blocking out the light from my room. 

"Come on," Hawk says, climbing on top of me, straddling my waist above my covers. He slowly pulls the pillow away, his face only a few inches from mine. Hawk gently leans down, connecting our lips in a kiss. He pulls up, making me move into a sitting position, our lips still attached. 

"Good, you're up, let's go!" He practically shouts, quickly hopping off of the bed. 

"Fine," I give in, leaving the warmth of my bed and standing up, stretching slightly. I only now see that Hawk is dressed in a pair of black cargo pants, a lime green long sleeve shirt, and a black mesh jacket over top. I walk over to my dresser, picking out a pair of ripped blue jeans, a grey flannel, and an old black band tee. I watch as Hawk sits down on my bed, phone in hand, smirking at me. I roll my eyes. 

"I'll be ready in a bit," I say, taking my clothes and heading into the bathroom down the hallway to shower. I strip myself of my pajama bottoms and boxers, sliding under the cold stream of the shower. It wasn't unlike Hawk to come to my house before I got up, especially since it's the first day of March Break. Hawk had been bugging me all week to tag along with his friends to a horror movie marathon that Melanie's hosting. I'm not much of a horror movie fan, so I had declined, but somehow now I'm ten minutes away from going there. 

I shut the water off after a few minutes, drying myself with a towel then putting my clothes on. I run the towel through my hair, only partially drying it. I quickly brush my teeth, then go back to my room where I find Hawk laying on his stomach, scrolling on his phone. 

"Ready?" He asks, cocking an eyebrow at me. I nod, grabbing my phone off of my nightstand, sliding it into the back pocket of my jeans. Hawk stands up from my bed, then leads me to the front door. I slip on my black Converse, Hawk putting on his black combat boots, then we walk outside to his car. I hop into the passenger seat, Hawk at the wheel, and we drive off. The ride is a comfortable silence. I almost immediately turned the radio to a classic rock station, Hawk glaring at me, but not caring enough to change it back. 

It doesn't take long for us to reach Melanie's house, and I see an unfamiliar car in the driveway. I don't mention anything to Hawk, I just get out of the vehicle and walk beside him to the door. Before Hawk can even ring the doorbell, the door opens to reveal Melanie, her orange hair tied up in ponytail. She's sporting a pair of black sweatpants and a pink cropped, tank top. 

"Hey!" She greets happily, ushering us inside. "We have so many movies lined up, and a lot of food to eat." Hawk laughs at this, following the enthusiastic ginger down the stairs to her basement. My eyes fall onto Mason sitting on the couch. I also see another guy. He seems tall, with blonde hair. 

"Oh, Jayden, this is Brandon," Mason states, gesturing towards the blonde beside him. I nod. That must be who's car is outside. 

"Nice to meet you," he says, somewhat awkwardly. I sit down at the end of the couch, and Hawk sits beside me, leaning his back against my chest, my arm around his shoulder. 

"We're starting with The Shining," Melanie announces, sitting down to the left of Hawk, Brandon and Mason to her left. She flicks on the TV, and starts the movie. I've never watched The Shining, but I've read the book a few times. My Mom loves Stephen King, she has almost all of his horror novels. It's safe to say that the movie isn't very scary. Halfway through Melanie had made some popcorn for us, and brought down a few different bags of chips.