16🔴Anyone who trusts a Serpent deserves its bite

"All students are to congregate in the Great Hall immediately"

Emerald groaned as the voice of Argus Filch broke her from her thoughts ,gathering her belongings and making her way ,with Blaise, down to the Great Hall, she had actually been enjoying transfiguration ,Draco had been ignoring her ever since that day in the forest and it was really starting to wind her up ,not to mention she had a splitting headache and the excited chatter was doing nothing to ease it.

Taking her seat at the Slytherin table she poured herself a glass of orange juice and bowed her head not even the least bit interested, only raising her eyes slightly to sneak a glance at Draco, she wished she hadn't

Astoria Greengrass had her hands wrapped around his bicep and had hair head on his shoulder. He didn't look like he was enjoying the embrace at all but he let her do it. Emerald felt like she had been frozen in time as he glanced her way. She quickly shot her gaze back down, plastering her mask of indifference on.

Should have known not to trust a Malfoy she sighed.

"I realise it is a bit unorthodox to be meeting like this in the middle of class time but the Minister of Magic would like to address you all" Albus Dumbledore announced

Emerald raised her head to see her father make his way up to the podium, she smirked at the hushed whispers and looks going round the other tables while the Slytherins sat there proudly looking at one of the heirs of their Founder

"Thank you Albus , I thought that I sound address this matter personally as it shall mean quite the change for you students" he told them "unfortunately Durmstrang institute of Magic have had a terrible fire and shall take 2 weeks to rebuild" he paused "therefore they shall be sharing your quarters from next week" the school gasped "they shall be spilt equally between the houses so let's make it our mission to welcome them"

"The other announcement is that from next week, there will be a Dark Arts Studies module,  put it in place to accommodate the Durmstrang Gentlemen in their studies" he waited again

"Now this next bit of information may come as a shock to you, may I assure you this decision was 100% down to the Durmstrang board and they feel that they have chosen the best candidate for the posting of Dark Arts Studies Professor"

"Morfin Gaunt"

Emeralds jaw dropped as everyone clapped their new Professor ,now her grandfather was going to be working at the same school she attended? She was sure it wouldn't be all bad...

Suddenly a Hufflepuff she vaguely remembered being named Susan Bones came screaming into the hall running wildly almost tripping over her own feet, hiding behind Professor Dumbledore.

"B..b..b..bas..s..alisk!" she wailed shaking in fear
"There's a basilisk in the castle!" she sobbed

The rest of the school broke out into terrified screams and her father and her grandfather simultaneously whirled round to look at Emerald, one with a look of disbelief and one with a smirk

"I CANT BELIEVE YOU"
"Nice one kiddo"
They both spoke at the same time ,Magnus turning to glare at his father who shrugged.

"Stay in your seats!!" Dumbledore boomed "you're safer in here than you are out there plus ...The Basilisk is obviously blinded or Miss Bones here would be petrified" he didn't look surprised in the slightest that there was a rare serpent roaming the halls ,the other teachers however looked terrified ,the students calmed down but they were still glancing around warily.

Without saying a word Emerald shot out of her seat and strode towards the doors

"Emerald Gaunt sit do.." Professor Snape started but Albus shook his head at him
"Let her go" was all that he said ,eerily calm "let her sort it out"