15🔴Run

Hermione POV

My breath hitched in my throat as I read aloud the information to my two best friends..

"The Practioner Curse: a curse that does not allow a practitioner to procreate with another wizard,will only produce viable offspring from pro creating with a muggle"

She grabbed her "Nature's Loopholes" book and flicked to the page marked "Twins"

"Look" she jabbed at the page "read that"

"A case has arisen involving two practitioners from 1578 of them procreating and producing viable off spring of the practitioner wizard type, the difference being those children were born as twins"

Ron looked up in horror "Twins!"

Harry carried on reading aloud "the speculation surrounding this is largely based off of the fact it is believed the power is spilt between the two making it more controllable where it would be too much for one witch or wizard" he trailed off

"But Emerald doesn't have a twin brother" Ron said

"She did" I looked at him "he died 5 years ago, I overheard her telling Malfoy"

Harry's head shot up "Malfoy?, but she hates him" he sounded almost worried

"They looked pretty cozy when I saw them in the forest ,Harry. Besides you've seen the way he looks at her it's the same way Ron looks at his bloody chicken" she rolled her hazel eyes.

"Hey!" Ron said offended

"She's just a trophy to him ,purest of the pure ..she is , bet taking her home for the holidays would make his father proud of him for a change" Harry huffed and walked out of the room muttering something about potions homework shutting the door behind him his friends sharing a confused look.

"Mione?" Ron looked at her

"Yes Ron" she broke her gaze away from the book to look at him

"Let me get this straight - Emerald Gaunt is this unimaginably powerful witch with the temper and bloodlust of her grandfather who just so happens to be a pureblood maniac, not to mention blood ties to You-Know-Who, she can produce claws at will and she can siphon magic?"

"Pretty much"

"If you're right and this is what she is, then how dangerous exactly does this make her?"

"Lethal"

———————————————————————
Classes the next day sailed by for Emerald, Flint and Theo were at Quiddich practise ,Draco and his goons merlin knows where so for the majority of the day it had just been her, Blaise ,Maya and Pansy
Draco had been cold to her ever since that night in the forest, distancing himself from her as much as he could however she didn't miss the lingering glances he shot her way,her often catching him staring absentmindedly in class.

She didn't understand why Draco was being so cold to her all of a sudden, but she'd be dammed if she was going to nope around all day like a silly little schoolgirl just because of a boy

As they stepped through the door to Charms ,she perked up slightly when she saw the duelling mat out ,she not so secretly enjoyed duelling as it gave her a chance to sharpen her already razor sharp skills in the subject.

"Mr Longbottom if you can't do simple 6th year spells I shall put you with the first years, they seem to be more on your level" Snape remarked cruelly and Emerald clenched her jaw. Her and Neville had become what some might call friends during their library study sessions for Herbology and she hated to see him look so embarrased at the teacher's words.

"Em fix your face ,you'll end up in Azkaban for attempted murder" Blaise remarked quietly

"Pfft if I'm going to that place ,might as well finish the job" she fired back without looking at her best friend ,keeping her cold glare on the Professor.

"Oh yes I forgot ,Mercy isn't one of your strong points" he rolled his eyes sarcastically.

Snape's ridicule did nothing to help poor Neville's nerves as he accidentally shot himself backwards rather than his partner. He groaned and smiled sheepishly when he saw Emerald from across the room.

"It seems I have overestimated you Mr Longbottom ,it would appear rather your intelligence is similar to that of a troll" he spoke boredly and Emerald felt her blood temperature rise.

"Right who would like me to show them how to correctly perform 'stupify'"

Emerald raised her hand, the cold look on her face only softening slightly when she looked to Blaise who was wearing a great grin on his face knowing what was coming. She chuckled humourlessly as she stepped towards the Potions teacher who stared her down for a few moments , before raising an eyebrow in surprise when he couldn't use legilimency on her, he was as skilled a Legimens as they came and here he was getting stumped by a child. He was beginning to question his choice to duel her.

The class had gone silent ,remembering what happened the last time someone tried to duel her.

"Pick up your wand" he stated

She shrugged "don't need it ,haven't used it since I was 12" she smirked

"Very well" he raised his ,Foolish girl he thought

"STUPIFY"

But yet again Emerald lazily raised her hand, stilling the spell before quickly firing it back at him, the power of which increased tenfold as it flew towards the teacher, knocking him up in the air and back at least 10 feet. Emerald looked round to see the class gaping at her ,Neville looking at her like she had just appeared from heaven and Blaise still smirking at her, knowing what she could do.

Snape shook his head ,dazed before coughing and standing up " very good Miss Gaunt, try not doing it so powerfully next time"

She smirked innocently
"Wasn't even trying Professor"