54🔴Crumble

They darted through the castle, dodging spells and hexes as they ran through the halls, they saw their mother's familiar blonde head duelling Professor Lupin and Tonks.

Coming up behind them, Marcel yelled 'crucio!" And the woman froze, spasming in pain before falling to the floor

"Are you okay?" Emerald asked the couple who nodded

"That's your mother right?" Tonks asked and they shook their heads left to right

"Just the woman who gave birth to us" he smirked "and we're going to stop her"

"You should go to the hall" Emerald advised "there's people who need you" they thanked the pair again and made their way into the hall.

"Come on mummy dearest" the curse was still running through her veins so she didn't have time to object when Marcel landed a punch on her face, knocking her out cold...

/////////////////////////////////////////
"Wake up!" Emerald splashed a glass of water from the lake on her mother's face, who opened her eyes startled

"My dear children" she mocked "if this is to be out last meeting I'm glad we're all together"

"Shut up" Marcel snapped and the woman chuckled, struggling against her rope bound hands

"Dear boy you always were the emotional one, the softie" she cooed "your sister, I can tell would kill me without a second thought , but you" she wondered "you wouldn't be able to live with the guilt"

Marcel scoffed, pacing up and down infront of her ignoring the sounds from the battle outside the walls.

"You don't know me anymore mother" he spat "you used me as some sort of guard dog"

"Don't engage with her Marcel" Emerald warned "she'll just try and work her way out of it"

"I'm hurt you think so low of me" Sophaline faked Indignance "I know you broke the spell connecting me to the both of you. I felt it, that takes skill" she almost sounded proud of them "pity I've still got.." she fiddled with her finger behind her back, a look of shock coming to her face

"You knew about that too?" She muttered "I know you've destroyed the Dark Lord's Horcruxes, how have you managed that?" She looked genuinely intrigued.

Emerald shrugged "it doesn't matter, it won't help you now" she told her coldly and Marcel nodded.

"I'll give you a hint though.." Emerald gloated "we used the same thing we made you ingest when we knocked you out"

The woman looked surprised then mortified "you poisoned me with Basilisk venom didn't you?" She said quietly

"Just a drop" Emerald smirked "I'll kill you but only very slowly" she leant into her mother's ear "think of it as payback for all the years of torture you subjected Blaise to" she hissed venomously.

For the first time in her life the woman looked terrified "and what do you think that precious boy of yours will think of you now?" She sneered "he'll want nothing to do with you"

"Theo doesn't care whether I kill you or not" she said incredulously "I think he'd be more offended if I didn't end your life quite frankly"

Sophaline shook her head "not Theo, Blaise" she confirmed, gasping as the venom started to take effect "you think that sweet gentle boy would want anything to do with you now?"

Emerald's eyes went hard as ice "Blaise isn't as sweet and gentle as you remember him" she spat at her mother, her eyes once again glowing purple. "You made sure of that when you turned him into your lab rat"