41🔴 Gryffindorks

When the three Slytherins got into the common room later that night, they were exhausted, they trudged through the portrait door, sending gasps around the common room. Marcel, noticing Pucey and Montague sharing a bottle of firewiskey, trudged over to them

"Trust me I need a drink" he told them and settled himself down with his friends

"Bloody hell Em" Flint came over with a worried looking Pansy, who engulfed her in a hug immediately "get into a deal with the devil?" He smiled warmly at her

"Oh Flint you have no idea what the devil is like" she muttered darkly, giving his arm a squeeze, I'll fill you in later I promise, let me have a shower"

He nodded understandingly, dragging Pansy away from the pair

Blaise and Emerald began making their way over to the staircase when the door swung open again, and Theo walked in, he was twirling his wand around in his fingers. It fell to the floor with a clatter when he saw Emerald, his face going white.

"Right well I'm going to take that as my opportunity to get in the shower first, later Trouble" he joked and ran up the stairs.

Bloody sod Emerald thought. Not wanting to explain herself to Theo before she got changed she made her way up the stairs to the dorms and into her bedroom, rolling her eyes when she heard thudding behind her, she walked over to the small table in the corner of the room and poured herself a generous glass of firewiskey from the sparkling decanter, gulping down its contents in one, and refilling it again.

Theo entered the room looking as white as Nearly Headless Nick

"Merlin Em, I've just seen the state of Marcel too, where the bloody hell have you been?!" He was worried

"I'm not in the mood to talk about it" she deadpanned, This evening had been stressful enough without having to rehash it to every one of her friends.

"Em you can't just disappear like that, come back covered in blood and have no explaination" he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Fine you want to know so bad!?" She spat "I have just watched my brother get thrown across the room by my mother who tried to have me killed twice tonight, she murdered someone right infront of us, tried to inject my best friend with her stupid serum. Oh and I got into a fight with a werewolf... Does that help ease your worry?" She said sarcastically before downing the rest of her drink, a dark look on her face.

"Salazar Em why didn't you tell me?" He snatched the bottle of alcohol away as she went to refill her glass for a third time.

"Because you are not my keeper" she snapped, snatching the container back from his vice like grip.

"Then what am I to you?" He challenged her "because it seems like you've had time for everyone else but me"

Emerald opened her mouth to fire back but as she met his eyes she saw something that made her heart lurch....

he was hurt. Hurt that she didn't confide in him, hurt that she'd risk herself again..... and in that moment, she hated herself for hurting him even the smallest amount.

Damn you, feelings

She took a deep breath, placing the bottle down on the silver tray.

"Theo I'm not going to apologise for standing up for my friends and family" she said quietly "because I'd do it over and over again" she told him honestly, walking over and wrapping linking her arms around his neck, relaxing almost entirely as he wound his own around her waist.

He sighed "I know you would, it's one of the things I love you for" he murmured into her ear.

She smiled softly her previous anger gone completely "and do you know what I love about you?" She grinned, reaching up to place a soft kiss on his lips