By his Side || Ushijima Wakatoshi ☁️💫

What was it that Ushijima liked about her? Was it the fact that she's been by his side the he whole time? Or was it by the fact that her beauty was one that struck him?

Not saying that he was anyone shallow but damn, the girl looked insanely attractive. And that's saying a lot for someone who only cares about volleyball and volleyball only.

What was it about her? Was it the beautiful, soft hair that easily twirled under the gentle wind? Or was it her beautiful eyes? The same eyes that had gazes that soften once they met his own.

Or was it her luscious lips that he had to resist himself from kissing? They look undeniably soft and pillow, almost inviting for him.

Or was it because she has always been so kind to others? Her smile, easily being anyone's sorce of comfort. Hell, even Satan the Devil himself would obey her.

Her soul as pure as an angel, it was impossible for anyone to hate her. Even those who were in deep jealousy could never hold their grudges for long.

After all, Y/n was able to make anyone's heart skip a beat.

It was as if everyone was under a spell caused by her. Blinded by her sheer beauty and personality.

What they didn't know was, under what everyone deemed as "perfect", the poor girl was suffering with every little insecurity she had to battle with internally herself.

She hated the fact that people only treated her nicely just because she was pretty. Even if she was the same sweet Y/n, but with an uglier exterior, who would like her?

And for the girls that hated her just because she was attractive? As her mom taught her, kill them with kindness! She did exactly that but... she never felt any happier.

Knowing that those girls could turn their backs on Y/n any second is what terrifies her. They could join forces with other girls and take her down? Y/n sighed to herself. Maybe she was being too paranoid.

Maybe they actually changed, and maybe they actually like her. Unfortunately, as much as she tried to convince herself, that was never the case.

The stares she gets, the fake kindness she gets. It hurts so much. No one genuinely likes her for who she is at this point. It's like she had a contract with everyone, having to return something with every favour.

Except one boy, the boy she could always rely on. He's always been one to be dead set on his goals, someone that has always been hardworking for the thing he loves. Someone who might be slightly oblivious to his surroundings.

And that was none other than Ushijima Wakatoshi.

He was someone who didn't care about what other's thought of him. He only cared about 1 thing and 1 thing only. That was volleyball. Even though others called him names for being such a freak, he didn't care!

He had nothing to lose to them. And Y/n aspired to be like that. Someone truly confident and someone that can stand tall with pride ( well not so much until she's arrogant ) and be proud of how far she's come.

Some people may laugh at her, she's not confident even though she's blessed to look this beautiful? Some think it's unfair and selfish of her to think this way! How could she be "insecure" and "unconfident"?

Does she want more attention than she already gets? To tell you the truth, that isn't it. What others see is not what she sees. Many think she is insanely hot but to her, she looks horrible.

Especially today, Y/n bit her lip as she crouched down at the empty stairway in school. Girls, laughing at her for not doing as well as she usually did for a pop quiz.

For goodness sake, it was a damn pop quiz. Why is Y/n making a huge deal out of it? To that, she doesn't know. Was it because of the giggles around her? Was it the look of disappointment from the teachers? Was it from the boys that teased her for being a dumb bitch?

Or was it because she was slowly accepting the fact that she can't be the person she intended to be?

The amount of pressure she gives herself daily, Y/n not realising herself that she was suffering from it.

As she stared up at the empty ceiling, contemplating what she was going to do next, she heard a deep, husky voice come from behind her.

"Why are you crying?" Y/n reached up to touch her cheeks. Oh, they are wet... she didn't even notice her own tears. How pathetic.

She looked up to see the figure, it was Ushijima. "I'm not crying Waka-chan, I'm just sweating out of my eyes!" Y/n tried to play it cool with him, knowing that he's always serious, she wanted to make a more chill atmosphere.

"Wait, people sweat through their eyes? I apologise, Biology is not something I specialize in."

"Waka-chan it was supposed to be a joke."

"Ah, I see."

Y/n laughed genuinely for the first time in a while. It felt good. Her giggles filling up the hallway as Ushijima savoured it, like music to his ears.

Y/n brushed away her tears as she giggled a little more, "you're a riot Waka-chan." "Y/n I have not killed anyon-" "Waka-chan it's a figure of speech."

Ushijima nodded and sat next to her, "anyways, why are you crying here?"

Y/n laughed nervously, looking down at her feet she mumbled softly, "Waka-chan, what if I'm a failure? What if I'm not what everyone thinks I am?"

Ushijima merely stared at her dead in the eyes, his gaze was intense and unsettling, making poor Y/n more nervous than she already is.

"It doesn't matter what others think, all that matters is what you think. And if it makes you happy."

Y/n was left agape. What made her happy? What does make her happy? Her achieving many competitions? Her being the smartest person in class?

Then it clicked with her.

What made her happy was moments like this. Moments where she could happily talk to other like Ushijima without a care in the world.

"Well this makes me happy, thanks Waka-chan." Her smile was genuine, it had a different aura to Ushijima. One that was not forced and one that was pure and genuine.

All he could do was smile back, replying her with a quick "no problem."

As they made their way out of school, the two continued to ramble on about their common interests, getting to know each other more and more.

This, this is what made Y/n happy.

Being by his side.

☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★

A/n: hey guys, it's me. After a long ass hiatus im back.

Honestly i feel horrible that i took so long to come back. Its true i got sick bit half the time it was me being selfish HAHA

i was just running away, not wanting to write just cuz i didnt want to. And honestly i feel bad about it. For that i am truly so so sorry.

I love writing but sometimes the things i write never felt good enough. Sometimes i write fics that i wish i posted but deleted in an instant just because i felt like it wasnt good enough

Looking back it just makes me kind of a coward? And for that im really sorry

But truly, with my whole heart. I love every single one of you guys. Thank you for sticking with me. Thank you for reading this book when you never had to

I love you all so much, truly i do. Have an amazing day/night my lovelies!