Shoyu Ramen || Daichi Sawamura ☁️💫

Lately, work has been quite hard for Daichi and he's been out of it lately. In attepmts of trying to make him feel better, even if it's just a little, she wanted to make his favourite. Shoyu Ramen!

Now, Y/n isn't a skilled cook. The best thing she's done so far in her life time was frying an egg without burning it! Pretty impressive considering they'd either be too runny or ashes.

Even though whatever she is attempting to make now is highly ambitious, she just wanted to do it for the sole intention of making her beloved happy. She googled a quick recipe only to find out that it was going to take 3 days. 3 days for a freaking bowl of ramen.

Nope, she wanted to quit but... if it's for Daichi then it should be okay right? What's the worse that could go wrong? It's not like he's going to get salmonella?

Okay first, buying all the ingredients. She surprisingly had everything in the fridge already! It was like this was pre-planned! ( A/n: sorry guys I aint about to write a whole supermarket arc. )

So first it was the dashi. "Combine kombu and 4 quarts cold water in a large bowl. Cover and let sit at room temperature at least 8 hours and up to 12 hours. For the tare, combine soy sauce, sake, and mirin in a small bowl; cover and chill."

Y/n internally screamed, but it's okay, it's fine. This is easy, just a lot of waiting. Y/n internally held back her tears, realising what she has just done to herself. Y/n slapped herself, reminding herself outloud, "no! Don't think of it as burden! It's for Daichi and he's going to enjoy every last damn drop!"

She did all she needed to do, set the appropriate alarm and read up on the second step before hand. "Season pork shoulder with salt and pepper. Roll up and tie with kitchen twine at 2" intervals. (This helps keep the meat intact while cooking and makes for round, compact slices.)"

Roll up pork, roll up pork. How in the sweet world does one roll up pork? Y/n screamed internally once more, "HOW THE HELL DOES ONE ROLL UP PORK?!?"

Y/n sighed and googled a tutorial on rolling up pork. It was really hard because the pork was slippery and she had to do some sort of pattern to tie up the pork correctly. Y/n took a look at the lopsided pork.

Could've been worse?

Y/n shrugged, oh well, time to wait for day 3 so Daichi can finally chill! Boom! Y/n passed out after figuring out how to roll pork. That whole thing took a toll on her, don't judge Y/n!

Okay so it's the final day, all she needed to do was boil noodles. Well you must be thinking, Y/n, shouldn't you make your own homemade noodles?

Pssh! Of course not! Now with instant ramen noodles, she doesn't need to suffer in the hands of the ramen Gods!

Alright, threw that into a pot of boiling water. Now next boil an egg, hopefully it comes out as half cooked and chop up some scallion, bamboo shoots yada yada!

Try and aesthetically place them in a bowl and...

It looked like a mess.

The pork slices were not even, the egg was too overcooked and the soup looked too much.

Y/n sighed as she folded her arms, looking at the concoction she made. Maybe she should eat it herself? So Daichi wouldn't need to suffer.

Unfortunately before she could even do so, Daichi came stolling into the house. "I'm home!" He announced.

"Ack!" Y/n looked at him in shock. "Oh! What's this?" He walked to Y/n's side, attracted to the wafting scent of ramen.

"It's something I tried to make but ut turned out pretty badly ahahaha, you shouldn't eat it though! You might get sick or something!" Y/n nervously said as she scratched the back of her neck.

"Nonsense! It looks just fine!" So with that he started chowing down the bowl of ramen.

"Daichi! Slow down! You might choke!" Y/n warned as she looked at him all concerned. He laughed and pat her head gently, "it was delicious!"

Y/n smiled, "it's okay sweetie, both of us know it's bad." Daichi waved both hands, "no no! Really it was good! Looks don't matter Y/n, just because it looks bad doesn't mean it tastes bad!"

Y/n chuckled, "well I'm glad you liked it then sweetie!"

"Make more for me in the future! This was delicious Y/n!" His smile was genuine and sweet. Y/n hugged him tight, returning the smile.

"Anything for you my dear."

☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★

A/n: hello! And thank you to Star_do_write for this request! I hope you liked it and sorry if it was bad!

As always, stay safe and happy! Also stay ✨hydrated✨

Sorry for the late updates too ugh haha I feel really bad :<

But as always, I love you all!

Bye bye!